News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

GwP, 2fer. But the WSJ crossword awaits. And I never did finish the Split Decisions from last week.

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

Six words left to go, including one pangram, and not at Alpha.  Husband does not have a second pangram, either.  Yesterday my final words were leave, lava, which were not as tough as some.  Ick.

I also had the schmofficial solution for LB.  Sounds like today's is a lot easier, so I hope to join you all in a 2fer!

There was an interesting observation in the bee FB group that in yesterday's puzzle m appeared only in the pangram! I hadn't even noticed that.

As for Wordle, I have managed to solve it every day but have had two (?) days where I solved it right at the 6th try so almost didn't.  And I have managed to get it in two words once, but I'm mostly in the 4s and 3s.  It's kind of fun tension to start thinking you're not going to get it in 6.  I guess it must keep the streak from your device? I have not tried it anywhere other than this computer, but since you don't sign in or anything, I would guess it doesn't transfer to your phone? Guess I better not clear my cookies.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Yay! I also got a 2fer on my first try! We probably all have the same one.

And I finally got the second pangram and am down to two words, 6 points.  Husband is also down to two words, but I think has a few more points left, so at least one of the words must be different.

ab_grp

We both finally got to QBABO.  Whew.  Good luck!

onthefringe

LB 2fer was so obvious I'm positive it was schmofficial and shared with everyone else.

Wordle in three today as well!

Parasaurolophus

Made it past GWP for the first time in a while.
I know it's a genus.

cathwen

Good morning!

Well, did we all get quixotic-cranky yesterday?  Any other solutions?  It seems that we all saw it fairly quickly.

As for SB, it was another one where I would never have found my last word, horchata, had I sat here until Doomsday.  I now have a very vague recollection that it may have been in a previous Bee, perhaps a good while ago.  But it's certainly not a word in my active vocabulary!

Today's SB went along well until I got to QB-3.  I have now hit the brick wall that we all know so well (at least, some of us do!).    At least I found a 2fer for LB!

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Only two words left for today's bee.

Last word yesterday was truth--found the unusual ones early on.

We must have all found the same LB solution.

Happy solving, all!

monarda

Good morning! Yesterday, I did not know the word catarrh. Now I do.

Parasaurolophus

Alpha with two pangrams today.
I know it's a genus.

ciao_yall

Woohoo, Parasaurolophus!

Yesterday, GwP but just one P - cutthroat. I did get horchata and catarrh but not coauthor. Went on to find quixotic-cranky and declared victory.

Today, GwP and 2fer b4ss so far, so hope a 2fer will bust loose soon.

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

Got to QBABM! And husband got to QBABH soon after.  Good luck! I was lucky with horchata because it appears on many menus here and the daughters like it, but I have not had it myself.  And I will never forget (I hope) catarrh, which previously ruined my chance at a birthday QBABM.  But coauthor took a while, which led to cohort, and then my final word was torah.  I kept trying variations of cucaracha.

I also got the schmofficial solution yesterday.  Congrats on another one today, cathwen! Ciao_yall, sounds like you're close!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

2fer. Day is complete. Now waiting for husband to start the NYT puzzle so I can finish it.

ab_grp

Whew! Finally got a 2fer! Congrats, ciao_yall.  Did you say you do the crossword on paper? I'm just curious about a clue today that supposedly appears differently between modes.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Genius, but no pangram yet. Missed the two unfamiliar words yesterday; I'm glad I didn't have the time to look for these.

cynosures/skyward; LB wouldn't accept yardwork which I've always assumed to be a legit word.

Happy solving, all!