News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

RIP Infopri

Started by Francie, March 08, 2024, 09:34:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Francie

Hello Forumites, old and new.  Yes, this is me, francie_ aka realfrancie, from the old forum.  I had been inactive for a while before the old forum went away, and so I didn't feel the need to register in this new venue.  Still, I miss the connections of those heady days and lurk on occasion to see what's up.  I am always glad to see that the community continues.

I come mainly though to share sad news I learned very recently about a cherished forumite, Infopri.  Infopri passed away in October 2019.  Sadder still, her spouse passed away about a year later.  If anyone would like the link to Infopri's obituary, please send me a PM.  I knew her in RL, met a few times even.  I'm sure some of you knew her in RL too as she was very active on the old forum, not so much here however.

I look forward to hearing from folks here, and perhaps I'll chime in once and a while.  I'm not currently an active academic, but still "academic-adjacent" because of Mr. Francie.

Regards and best wishes to all <3  :)

Parasaurolophus

Welcome back, and thanks for letting us know. And my condolences.
I know it's a genus.

Wahoo Redux

I remember Infopri and I am sorry to hear this news.

Peace to Infopri and all her people.
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

Hegemony

Oh, that is sad news. Thanks for telling us.

aside

Very sad, indeed.  She was such a valued member of the old community, and now I understand why she was not more active here.  From one of her last posts, in July of 2019:
QuoteLife is good, and I feel fortunate every single day.

Antiphon1

Oh, gosh.  How very sad.  Thanks for passing on the news.  RIP Infopri.

Francie

Quote from: aside on March 12, 2024, 11:09:39 AMVery sad, indeed.  She was such a valued member of the old community, and now I understand why she was not more active here.  From one of her last posts, in July of 2019:
QuoteLife is good, and I feel fortunate every single day.

Thank you for finding her words.  Sadly, she might have been ill for some time already.  And yes, she was very active on the old forum.