News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Dinner--or Dessert--Tonight

Started by mamselle, June 03, 2019, 09:47:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evil_physics_witchcraft

Main course = BBQ chicken (grilled) with leftover potato salad and broccoli slaw

Beverage = iced lemon ginger tea

Dessert = lime bars!

apl68

Quote from: mamselle on June 02, 2020, 06:36:19 PM
For an instant, I thought it said "Tuxedo mouse cake," which reminded me of the inch-long ants a friend and I found in the store-bought (anyone remember Building 19?) mile-high pies purchased for a seminary picnic once.

When I was little I used to hear the words "chocolate mousse" and imagined a big chocolate likeness of a moose.  Well, they had chocolate bunnies for Easter....
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

ab_grp

We ended up making the jalapeno garlic tilapia two nights ago and making the Korean bbq (in the oven) with potato salad last night.  I was worried that the potato salad wouldn't turn out "right" (i.e., like my Mom's... I miss her and it reminds me of her) because we used mini potatoes and didn't prepare them quite the same way, but it turned out really well and provides a good alternative way to make it.  I always appreciate other and more efficient ways to arrive at nearly the same destination. 

I'm not sure what we will do tonight.  If we have the BBQ chix and potato salad for lunch, we may try to make the Portuguese-style scallops for dinner, and I'll probably make some more pizza dough so we can have pizza tomorrow night.  We need to pick up a few more groceries for some of the other meals we had planned because some stuff was not available last week.

ab_grp

I'm back! Last night turned out to be grilled cheese on some new marble rye my spouse picked up.  We use Swiss cheese, bacon, and tomato, and we put jalapeno on one of the sandwiches.  Served with tomato soup with some zesty Italian infused.  Whee! It was good.

Tonight, I think we will try to make a chicken stir fry with leeks and bok choy now that we were able to get the chicken we needed for it.  And there were also leeks this week!

evil_physics_witchcraft

Main course = homemade cheese pizza (by SO)

Beverage = probably a Coke (haven't started dinner yet, but about to)

Dessert = probably lime bars

Economizer

FOR MY EYES, THIGHS, AND WHATEVER ONLY

8 oz. [more like 6.5 cooked]  70/30 Ground Beef Patty

1 1/2 #10 can of diced potatoes heated, buttered & mashed

A good portion of frozen green beans boiled for a good while seasoned with Parmesan cheese later

Buttered and Toasted Bolilo Bread

Beverage - Sweeten Yourself Peak Tea

Dessert -- A Pack of Lance Cream Cheese and Chives snack crackers and a good possibility foods as yet to be discovered and uncovered.
So, I tried to straighten everything out and guess what I got for it.  No, really, just guess!

Vkw10

Dominoes pizza, delivered. Red pepper and black olive, so it counts as healthy, right? Not that I really care at the moment.
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

monarda

dessert first - home made donuts

then
main - turkey burger patty- meatball recipe shaped into burger shape then grilled

no room for salad

mamselle

Ooohhh...I made a cassoulet once using kosher ground turkey to make sausage-like tiny meatballs for the meat (a member of our French Club was an observant Jew, I learned a lot of cooking substitutions in those years).

I braised a bit of fresh garlic, parsley, basil, rubbed black pepper, Herbes de Provence, and sage in oil first, then formed the turkey in small rounds and seared them in the hot spices. The rest of the dish (beans, etc.) were as usual.

We had it again, and I worked some of the spices into the meat before shaping it...that made it even more piquant...the rubbed black pepper really fires it up so the abstention from bacon doesn't affect the taste at all.

M.

Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

sinenomine

It took trips to two grocery stores, but I succeeded in getting the fixings for tacos. Taco night at my house!
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

Economizer

Snitzeless Weiners, bunned and dressed in kraut
Potato crisps
Apple Sauce
Diet Coca Cola
Danish pastry
So, I tried to straighten everything out and guess what I got for it.  No, really, just guess!

dr_codex

These are now my salad days.

At least for the next few days, following a weekend of indulging, and no gym openings on the horizon.

Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we diet.

(Not original, I know, but heartburnfelt.)

dc
back to the books.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Saturday Night Leftovers

Main course = BBQ chicken, mac & cheese, peas

Beverage = ginger ale

Dessert = cinnamon coffee cake

ab_grp

We had rib eye, roasted potatoes, and brussels sprouts last night and will have homemade pizza tonight.  Likely with shallots, mushrooms, and hot sausage again.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Main course = TVP black bean tacos/burritos with a TON of romaine, sour cream, hot sauce and cheese.

Beverage = a Coke!

Dessert = strawberries, raspberries and chocolate chip cookie bars!