The murder of George Floyd in Minneapolis, MN last Monday, May 25

Started by mamselle, May 31, 2020, 09:59:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nebo113

Wahoo Redux

Quote from: nebo113 on March 03, 2022, 09:40:44 AM
Will someone please give Mahog  full time employment?

Sorry mahagonny, but that might be a tough sell at the interview stage...
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: marshwiggle on March 02, 2022, 05:34:13 AM
From the state of the union address:

We should all agree: The answer is not to Defund the police. The answer is to FUND the police with the resources and training they need to protect our communities.

And if I recall, he got applauded for saying that. (Harris and Pelosi were behind him clapping, I believe.)

Does that mean in less than 2 years the Democrats have become racists who don't care about black lives?

The majority of elected Democrats were never down with defunding the police. You'll recall how loudly they blubbed about it costing them votes (rather than looking to their own failures).
I know it's a genus.

mahagonny

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on March 03, 2022, 04:38:37 PM

We should all agree: The answer is not to Defund the police. The answer is to FUND the police with the resources and training they need to protect our communities.

And if I recall, he got applauded for saying that. (Harris and Pelosi were behind him clapping, I believe.)

Does that mean in less than 2 years the Democrats have become racists who don't care about black lives?

The majority of elected Democrats were never down with defunding the police. You'll recall how loudly they blubbed about it costing them votes (rather than looking to their own failures).

I don't even know where the whole 'defund the police' thing got started. Maybe it was in Wolf Blitzer's fortune cookie.

marshwiggle

But how many of them were saying that publicy, i.e. publicly disagreeing with the protesters, in the summer of 2020?
It takes so little to be above average.

mahagonny

Quote from: marshwiggle on March 04, 2022, 04:42:03 AM

But how many of them were saying that publicy, i.e. publicly disagreeing with the protesters, in the summer of 2020?

Nor did they, as I recall, have anything critical to say about the George Soros-funded district attorneys who neglect to prosecute street crime. Which has made citizens in democratic led cities less safe.
Nor did they have anything much to say about the racist attack by black man in an SUV in Waukesha, WI who had been released on several dollars bail after having intentionally struck people with his car.

Quote from: Wahoo Redux on March 03, 2022, 11:14:25 AM
Quote from: nebo113 on March 03, 2022, 09:40:44 AM
Will someone please give Mahog  full time employment?

Sorry mahagonny, but that might be a tough sell at the interview stage...

Too bad for me. I was dreaming of something that would give me more free time.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: marshwiggle on March 04, 2022, 04:42:03 AM

Elected Democrats? Most of them, including the one who became President.

I didn't get the secret sauce recipe from some dingy corner of the internet. It was being said all over the place, every day.
I know it's a genus.

mahagonny

Joe Biden was 30 years ahead of the new trend...https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2019/03/05/joe-biden-tough-on-crime-speech.cnn
If he talked like that now he could dump Kamala Harris and have Larry Elder for a running mate in 2024. They'd have the same message about law enforcement.

dismalist

Quote from: jimbogumbo on April 28, 2022, 12:14:28 PM
From the report regarding the MPD: https://minnesotareformer.com/2022/04/27/some-of-the-most-jaw-dropping-statements-in-the-state-human-rights-report-on-mpd/

There are jaw dropping statements in there, but Minneapolis is a strongly Democratic city. From Wikipedia:

QuoteMinneapolis is a stronghold for the Minnesota Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party (DFL), an affiliate of the Democratic Party. The Minneapolis City Council holds the most power and represents the city's thirteen districts called wards. The council has twelve DFL members and one from the Green Party. Jacob Frey, also of the DFL, is the current mayor of Minneapolis. The office of mayor is relatively weak but has some power to appoint individuals such as the chief of police.

The history of crime in Minneapolis is riotous!
QuoteIn 1995, Mark Koscielski, a gun shop owner in present-day Midtown Phillips coined the term "Murderapolis".

Look at the Crime paragraph here
Quotehttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_of_Minneapolis
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

jimbogumbo

On the forum where I saw this posted we are in agreement that you can find similar things in any medium to large size police force in the US.

dismalist

Quote from: jimbogumbo on April 28, 2022, 02:22:06 PM
On the forum where I saw this posted we are in agreement that you can find similar things in any medium to large size police force in the US.

Of course, but are they Democratic Party run? That was my genuine surprise about Minneapolis, and my point.

I know the East Coast big cities north of the Potomac, plus Chicago, SF and LA are run by the Democratic Party. The others I don't know.

So, is unjustifiably killing Black males Democratic party racism or Democratic Party incompetence, or both?

That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

Wahoo Redux

Quote from: dismalist on April 28, 2022, 02:35:29 PM

Of course, but are they Democratic Party run? That was my genuine surprise about Minneapolis, and my point.

I know the East Coast big cities north of the Potomac, plus Chicago, SF and LA are run by the Democratic Party. The others I don't know.

So, is unjustifiably killing Black males Democratic party racism or Democratic Party incompetence, or both?

If only it were so simple that a political party could end crime and police brutality.

I'm not sure what world you live in, my friend.

Derek Chauvin is a registered Republican in Florida, BTW.
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

marshwiggle

Quote from: Wahoo Redux on April 28, 2022, 03:54:04 PM
Quote from: dismalist on April 28, 2022, 02:35:29 PM

If only it were so simple that a political party could end crime and police brutality.

So any time this happens in a Republican area you don't ascribe blame to the government there either I suppose.
It takes so little to be above average.

mamselle

Umm, generalities are not always very accurate.

East coast states and cities often end up with Republicans in places of power...they're often centrist, true, but they're not Democrats...

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.