News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Dinner--or Dessert--Tonight

Started by mamselle, June 03, 2019, 09:47:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkstarrynight

Wow, that is quite a tradition! I prepared the dough the evening before, and took a virtual baking class with the recipe designer. The baby is supposed to be added after baking, not before. Baking plastic is not advised, apparently! I was told I could use an almond or coffee bean, but alas, I just made the cake without putting something in it. I know that sounds very boring, but it is really quite delicious!

mamselle

Yes, a frangipane galette des rois is a lovely thing to eat, whether accompanied by all the attendant hoop-lah, or not!

Make me wish I'd thought to get or make one.

Oh, well--A la prochaine.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

sinenomine

Just wrapped up a two-day, 13-hour working meeting on Zoom. It's going to be Taco Tuesday at my house this evening!
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

mamselle

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

AmLitHist

Herbed-cheese stuffed baked mini-peppers for me.  ALHS is on his own, since he doesn't like them.

apl68

Sausage gumbo in the crock pot, timed to be done right about the time I walk in the door from work this evening.  First time I've made this recipe.  We'll see how it turns out.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

notmycircus

mamselle

Last night: Chicken, baked, sliced, and drowned in a honey-mustard sauce; coined carrots; and 1/2 muffin with melted Gouda cheese.

A tiny dark chocolate Belgian mousse-like truffle for dessert. (Well, two...they were small, you know?)

Next: Pondering making a batch of curry or doing the cassoulet I never got around to making for NY Eve (still have the frozen ground turkey for the mini-sausage balls), or a chicken pot pie....any one of which will be good for several meals, which is an added incentive.

Or I have separately wrapped salmon steaks (birthday gift specially funded by a friend's gift card) that I could do en croute with, maybe spinach and chunked parslied sweet potatoes. Maybe a small slice of a pecan mini-pie for dessert...

Tee hee.

M.

apl68

Quote from: mamselle on February 12, 2021, 09:38:46 AM
Last night: Chicken, baked, sliced, and drowned in a honey-mustard sauce; coined carrots; and 1/2 muffin with melted Gouda cheese.

A tiny dark chocolate Belgian mousse-like truffle for dessert. (Well, two...they were small, you know?)

Next: Pondering making a batch of curry or doing the cassoulet I never got around to making for NY Eve (still have the frozen ground turkey for the mini-sausage balls), or a chicken pot pie....any one of which will be good for several meals, which is an added incentive.

Or I have separately wrapped salmon steaks (birthday gift specially funded by a friend's gift card) that I could do en croute with, maybe spinach and chunked parslied sweet potatoes. Maybe a small slice of a pecan mini-pie for dessert...

Tee hee.

M.

You're making me envy your salmon steaks! 

Oh well, I've still got venison.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: mamselle on February 12, 2021, 09:38:46 AM

Tee hee.

M.

Making me hungry and I just ate lunch!

sinenomine

Celebrating the end of a very long week and the start of a three-day weekend with cod cakes, broccoli, and a gin & tonic, followed by a pecan tart.
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

OneMoreYear

I was very late coming home due to student meetings and weather related traffic. SO picked up take-away, so I had a rewarmed, but still tasty, black bean burger from local burger place.
And an excellent (and frackin strong) margarita ala SO. If I could find the posting while plastered thread, I would post on it. I am thoroughly enjoying said margarita. Unfortunately, I do not have a 3-day weekend coming, as I have to work tomorrow and Monday, but right now, margarita heaven.

ab_grp

There's some weather coming, so we decided to order pizza and etc. early to have for this weekend.   Portobello mushroom ravioli in a yum cream sauce, sausage/red onion/bell pepper pizza, tomato/garlic/spinach pizza, and a sandwich and a couple pastas.  And a salad, to be virtuous.  Comfort foods easily reheated!

Quote from: OneMoreYear on February 12, 2021, 07:25:05 PM
I was very late coming home due to student meetings and weather related traffic. SO picked up take-away, so I had a rewarmed, but still tasty, black bean burger from local burger place.
And an excellent (and frackin strong) margarita ala SO. If I could find the posting while plastered thread, I would post on it. I am thoroughly enjoying said margarita. Unfortunately, I do not have a 3-day weekend coming, as I have to work tomorrow and Monday, but right now, margarita heaven.

This all sounds great!

Well, everything here sounds great.

OneMoreYear

Quote from: ab_grp on February 13, 2021, 08:55:26 AM
There's some weather coming, so we decided to order pizza and etc. early to have for this weekend.   Portobello mushroom ravioli in a yum cream sauce, sausage/red onion/bell pepper pizza, tomato/garlic/spinach pizza, and a sandwich and a couple pastas.  And a salad, to be virtuous.  Comfort foods easily reheated!

Ooh, good thoughts--pizza and pasta! We are also delving into comfort food. Tonight for me, is B&B (black beans, caramelized corn, peppers over rice)--it's a knock-off of a favorite Cajun/Creole place in Indy (easy and cheap!). SO was craving beef, so is also making African beef stew with peanut and tomato sauce.

ab_grp

We've been having a lot of the old go-tos lately, but last night I got a hankering for spaghetti carbonara.  The recipe we have takes a little time compared to some, but it really hit the spot! Husband had made some parsley garlic butter, so we toasted some rolls and had faux garlic bread on the side.  We repeated for lunch just now.  Yum.