News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

AI in art

Started by Sun_Worshiper, August 02, 2023, 02:30:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kron3007

Quote from: Larimar on August 12, 2023, 06:13:58 AMI am all for making the arts accessible. Not, however, by means that make art untenable for artists.

Cameras and design software like InDesign and its ilk are tools that can help people, both amateur and professional artists, create art. That's perfectly fine in my book. However, AI taking over and doing the project and replacing a professional artist at the helm, I see as a problem.

Art will always be tenable for artists.  The question is if they will be able to make a living doing it.  Just because you love producing something doesn't mean you should automatically be able to do it professionally.  AI will never stop those who enjoy creating art from doing so.

Larimar

Quote from: Kron3007 on August 13, 2023, 03:31:19 PM
Quote from: Larimar on August 12, 2023, 06:13:58 AMI am all for making the arts accessible. Not, however, by means that make art untenable for artists.

Cameras and design software like InDesign and its ilk are tools that can help people, both amateur and professional artists, create art. That's perfectly fine in my book. However, AI taking over and doing the project and replacing a professional artist at the helm, I see as a problem.

Art will always be tenable for artists.  The question is if they will be able to make a living doing it.  Just because you love producing something doesn't mean you should automatically be able to do it professionally.  AI will never stop those who enjoy creating art from doing so.

In some cases it might stop them, by forcing them into other jobs in order to pay the bills that leave them no time, energy, or money for art.

Sun_Worshiper

Kron3007

Quote from: Larimar on August 14, 2023, 04:59:20 AM
Quote from: Kron3007 on August 13, 2023, 03:31:19 PM

In some cases it might stop them, by forcing them into other jobs in order to pay the bills that leave them no time, energy, or money for art.

Sure, just as life prevents me from spending all my time pursuing all of my hobbies.  Just because you enjoy doing something, even if you are great at it, doesn't mean you should automatically be able to do it professionally.