News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Coffee Poll

Started by evil_physics_witchcraft, March 26, 2022, 05:42:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hmaria1609

I put in a packet of Splenda or comparable name and add flavored cream to finish.
I get mine self-service at various gas stations or Dunkin Donuts.

Langue_doc

We need another category in the poll: none of the above, or other.

I drink my coffee strong, fresh, hot, and always sitting down. I get the coffee from one particular store and use a mix that I select.  No flavored coffee for me.

mamselle

Tea only for me.

I used to add honey or sugar, and cream or milk, but both of those categories* do not exist in my diet anymore, and I've both lost weight and felt better ever since.

I have several cups of tea a day, usually go through a large hot-water-heater-full of the water every couple hours while writing, reading, or teaching.

My mom and dad both drank coffee to extremes, and I just never liked the smell or acquired the taste for it.

M.   

*Exception; a tiny bit of honey to sweeten my cocoa in the AM, since I make it straight from unsweetened cocoa powder, and in a couple of dishes that would be too acidic without it, but otherwise...can't figure out why I didn't do this sooner.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

eigen

Mostly black, but I have an oat milk that's quite tasty as well. When I add it, it's a splash.

I only drink cold brewed coffee to cut down on the acidity, so it's generally quite tasty either way.
Quote from: Caracal
Actually reading posts before responding to them seems to be a problem for a number of people on here...

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: Langue_doc on March 26, 2022, 12:50:21 PM
We need another category in the poll: none of the above, or other.

I drink my coffee strong, fresh, hot, and always sitting down. I get the coffee from one particular store and use a mix that I select.  No flavored coffee for me.

Added.

pgher

I used to drink my milk with a little coffee, so to speak. Then 20 years ago, I did Atkins. Black coffee was free, everything else was regulated. So now I drink it black at home. Usually need cream at places like Starbucks though to cut the bitter, burnt taste.

Juvenal

For decades I drank it black.  Just this year I chanced to have on hand (for something else) some heavy cream and said, "What's it like with cream?"  And, you know, it's really good!
Cranky septuagenarian

ciao_yall

Has Philz Coffee made it to your parts of the world yet?

AmLitHist

Once in every third blue moon I'll get a vanilla latte at QT.  Other than that, it's unsweetened iced tea, brewed at home in the Mr. Coffee tea machine--all day, all year.

Puget

I grew up in WA, so am required to be a coffee snob. Good, strong coffee with a little half and half. In the summer, I make my own cold brew concentrate and add quite a bit of milk to that.
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

Harlow2

Good Trader Joe's coffee ground in an expensive-but-worth-it grinder with cup 1/4 full 2% milk. Good black too.

Larimar

Gloria Jean's 'Macadamia Cookie' flavor here.

Langue_doc

Thanks, EPW.

As I had mentioned up-thread, I drink my coffee strong. I also add half and half. Long ago, a friend who happens to be a physician suggested trying half and half because of my inability to digest milk. No more distress and no extra calories because you're adding just half of the dairy that you used to add in the past.

As for tea, I use tea leaves and boiling water. As with the coffee, the tea is drunk fresh, and while sitting down.

mamselle

Not really related to the topic, but....

How does this thread have 27 replies and 33 votes?????

Puzzled--is that even mathematically possible?

Or...

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

clean

you can vote, but not reply
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader