News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Two pangrams and above genius. Last word yesterday was unhinging--found the two oddballs much earlier.

buckshot/target

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QB, needed the 2LL for gigging even though, like Langue-doc I remembered the two oddballs from a previous puzzle.

LB - just 2fer b4ss. breakthrough-scab, boughs-stacker, touchbacks-surge, egret-touchbacks.

Oh well, happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QB with 1L hints for nunchuck...then I remembered nunchuck as well.   Today I am above genius with both pangrams, but running out of steam.

LB:  I had bucks-shortages.  I found a 2fer today also. 

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got the pangrams and to a bit past genius.  Yesterday I needed help with hinging, hung, and all the un- words.

No luck on LB, either.  Congrats on all your solutions and on another today, cathwen!

Happy solving!

Parasaurolophus

One pamgram, still far from genius.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius, but that's probably it for today. Last word yesterday was tallit--was quite pleased with having found netizen quite early.

Happy solving!

ETA: found a twofer!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH, not a fast brain yesterday for some reason. Last words were tanzanite, titan. Did get netizen though.

LB boutique-empowered.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Tanzanite and netizen were my last two words yesterday, found with hints.  Today I have one 5L word to go, and cannot imagine what it can be.

LB:  I also had boutique-empowered, but no 2fer yet today!  Congratulations, Langue_doc, on having found one!

I'm convalescing from my usual post-vaccine reaction.  I had a flu shot two weeks ago, and yesterday had the new Covid shot, and both times I have had overnight chills, muscle aches, and a high fever.  This morning I am merely achy and a little woozy.  I know it will be over soon—maybe even by this afternoon.  Better than the flu or Covid, though, in any case.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with pangram so far.  Yesterday we had team QB again.  I was missing tanzanite, titillate, tain.  I don't recall the latter word being in there before but could be wrong.  And where did attaint go now that I remembered that one?!

I had empowered but couldn't get the mate yesterday.  Congrats, ciao_yall and cathwen! And congrats on yours today, Langue_doc!

Cathwen, I hope your side effects go away soon.  Don't go jumping around in the meantime! ;-) At least we get used to the expected recovery over time, I guess.  Definitely better than covid or the flu! Husband got his covid and flu shots on Monday and again had no trouble except for being a little worn down.  I just saw that you only have one bee word left, so good luck!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Cathwen, I hope your side effects go away soon.  Don't go jumping around in the meantime! ;-)

Or zumba! Hope you're feeling better and free of the side effects.

As for tain, I don't think I've seen it before; got it by trying different letter combinations. It apparently refers to the tinfoil that is used as a backing for mirrors.

cathwen

Tain probably comes from étain, 'tin' in French, since it involves tinfoil.  It must have been in a previous Bee at some point, because it is in my list of Bee words. So is attaint, but that was rejected yesterday.

Don't worry, no jumping around for me today!  : )

Parasaurolophus

Blah, I've fallen just short again. I'll try to finish in the morning.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on September 30, 2022, 08:08:38 PM
Blah, I've fallen just short again. I'll try to finish in the morning.

Made it, phew! On to today's!
I know it's a genus.

ciao_yall

QBwH and a new word that I probably keep forgetting annular.

LB - just 2fer b4ss and 3fers. Close-ish with foundations-shark but oh well.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Hurrah, Parasaurolophus, and good luck!

Made it to genius with the pangram plus a little so far.  Yesterday we had team QB.  He needed raja, and I needed llano.  Guess it's been a while for that one.

Lots of attempts at LB but no luck.  I did not have either part of the schmofficial solution.  Maybe today I will get a 2fer!

Happy solving!