News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

The Venting Thread

Started by polly_mer, May 20, 2019, 07:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

Sorry, Parasaurolophus.  It's so annoying that everything requires scanning a QR code these days.  It took me forever to figure out how to do that! Now it's easier for me, but guess what! I don't always want to make financial transactions using my phone! Can one be scanned by computer? I have no idea.  This can be a real problem for seniors (thinking about my mother and all the issues she has had trying to get anything done).  Similar tech issues have even come up for medical appointments, and it makes people avoid the process (and the appointments), which is not a good thing.

apl68

The proliferation of QR codes is concerning me as well.  They assume that everybody has a 21st-century smart phone now.  I merely have a 23rd-century Star Trek phone.  So I guess in a sense I'm ahead of my time instead of behind it?
If any will come after me, let him deny himself, take up his cross daily, and follow me.
Whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever will lose his life for my sake will find it.
For how does a man profit if he gains the whole world, but loses his soul?

Aster

Why do so many car drivers in the U.S. now leave 20-40 foot gaps between them and the car ahead of them when they are at traffic stops?

Move the $%^* up.

FishProf

Quote from: Aster on March 01, 2024, 04:01:15 PMWhy do so many car drivers in the U.S. now leave 20-40 foot gaps between them and the car ahead of them when they are at traffic stops?

Move the $%^* up.

They fail to recognize that the distance you should keep varies with speed.
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.