News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Herd your cats here

Started by eigen, May 17, 2019, 02:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larimar

Glad that story has a happy ending. The best of luck to the kitten.

mamselle

Quote from: Larimar on December 17, 2021, 11:50:38 AM
Glad that story has a happy ending. The best of luck to the kitten.

Yes.

More name suggestions: Uber, Taxicab.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

apl68

Quote from: the_geneticist on December 17, 2021, 11:26:57 AM
Quote from: apl68 on December 17, 2021, 09:16:05 AM
The cat has now been rescued!  One of the police officers who had been beating the bushes looking for squatters came back, crawled under the vehicle, and got it out.  It then ran to another staff member's vehicle and crawled up into it!  Then it was pulled out of that vehicle before it got stuck.  The officer has taken it to the animal shelter, and they are working on getting it adopted.  Turns out it was a kitten of prime adoptable age, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Hurray for a happy ending to the story!  Kitty should get a good name out of the experience - auto mechanic? Lyft? engine block?

I can just see it now on LOL Cat--"I'm in ur car, fixin ur enginez."
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

FishProf

I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

evil_physics_witchcraft

I'm glad the kitty was rescued. :)

smallcleanrat

SO returned from his out-of-state Christmas visit with his family last week. Within a day of his return, he was down with some pretty awful (cold, we think/hope) symptoms.

Both kitties were unsettled by this turn of events. They didn't know what to make of SO's violent coughing fits.

Maestro's response: rubbing up against SO's legs, placing a paw on his arm or knee (as if to say, "Hey, human, are you ok?"), and cuddling up to him in bed.

Caramelo's response: running to me, meowing in distress, and nuzzling me with more fervor than he's ever displayed before. He loves cuddles in general, but in this case he seemed to have an urgent need for them.

I think their attitudes were essentially:
Maestro -- My human is in distress. I must watch over him. I must comfort him.
Caramelo -- My human is in distress. That puts me in distress. Somebody needs to comfort me!

Maestro can be feisty, but he is also incredibly caring (if I'm not anthropomorphizing too much, here).

There have been times when noises outside have unsettled his little brother. Maestro responds to his whines and cries by walking over to him, putting a paw around him, and grooming him until the whimpers stop.

I sometimes get the notion that Maestro sees himself as head of the household and responsible for all of us.

mamselle

That squares (your last observation, that is).

Kitties are so much more altruistic than people give them credit for--especially people who don't know kitties well.

Extra scritches to both of them, for sure.

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

OneMoreYear

I've been having a health flare for the last couple weeks and have spent most of my time in the living room on the couch (going back the classroom on Monday is going to be rough). I've been using the recliner feature of the couch to sit up and work on my laptop. We haven't used that feature much and the footrest extension has been a novelty to the cats. Their responses seem to be:

Ninja: Aww. My subjects have offered me a new throne. This blanket is soft. Yes, this is an acceptable offering. There is enough room for my subject's legs and me.  Bow before your cat queen. I will nap now.  ZZZZZZZ.

Ricochet: SOMETHING IS DIFFERENT! DIFFERENT IS BAD! I MUST HIDE IN THE OTHER ROOM!

We have had a regression in lap-sitting training, as Ricochet will not approach the couch with the footrest up.

mamselle

Well, of course.

It might eat him!

How can you humans be so blind to the dangers?

It might even eat YOU!

And then, who would put out the cat food...??!!

M.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: OneMoreYear on January 08, 2022, 08:50:44 AM
I've been having a health flare for the last couple weeks and have spent most of my time in the living room on the couch (going back the classroom on Monday is going to be rough). I've been using the recliner feature of the couch to sit up and work on my laptop. We haven't used that feature much and the footrest extension has been a novelty to the cats. Their responses seem to be:

Ninja: Aww. My subjects have offered me a new throne. This blanket is soft. Yes, this is an acceptable offering. There is enough room for my subject's legs and me.  Bow before your cat queen. I will nap now.  ZZZZZZZ.

Ricochet: SOMETHING IS DIFFERENT! DIFFERENT IS BAD! I MUST HIDE IN THE OTHER ROOM!

We have had a regression in lap-sitting training, as Ricochet will not approach the couch with the footrest up.

Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. Yes, our cats are also either 'Oh my Lord- what is THAT?' or 'Meh. Whatever.'

Elder evil cat was upset that we left him in the kitchen (baby gate up) while we did something in the other room (and yes, he could see us partially). When I came back, he had licked and scratched off a spot on his back- BALD! No fleas, mange, mites, etc. Since he hasn't done it since, we think he was just upset. He's gotten really needy in his old age. :P

the_geneticist

Quote from: OneMoreYear on January 08, 2022, 08:50:44 AM

It's a cat masher!  Run! 

onehappyunicorn

https://imgur.com/gallery/TSIInEX
Hazel likes to lie on her back on the rug when we get out of the shower so she can attack our feet as we try to get by.
Princess has decided that Poe is her new favorite, she likes to nurse on his paw. She used to do this with Hugo, our elder cat who passed away a few years ago. Poe has been tolerant enough to let her do it to him now.
Poe is also obviously very comfortable in feeling he is the king of the house, he likes to lay on his back and side on the thresholds to the rooms.
As it has been somewhat cold here the cats keep living most of their days on our bed, some days I get home to all five in a pile.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Youngest evil cat has been acting out more and has taken out her wrath on elder evil cat (in the latest episode, she bit his tail pretty hard and he did not like it and screamed which freaked me out). I wonder if this could be due to eldest evil cat's passing. Youngest evil cat messed with the eldest ALL the time (who did not enjoy it).

I really think we need a younger cat who can play with her in the rough and tumble way that she seems to want. They've both been driving me nuts lately. Youngest is acting out and elder has been anxious and needy.

mamselle

Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on January 17, 2022, 11:30:03 AM
Youngest evil cat has been acting out more and has taken out her wrath on elder evil cat (in the latest episode, she bit his tail pretty hard and he did not like it and screamed which freaked me out). I wonder if this could be due to eldest evil cat's passing. Youngest evil cat messed with the eldest ALL the time (who did not enjoy it).

I really think we need a younger cat who can play with her in the rough and tumble way that she seems to want. They've both been driving me nuts lately. Youngest is acting out and elder has been anxious and needy.

They're clearly trying to tell you, "Three kitties is the right number. We need another kitty. Triumvirates rule."

Sounds like you're starting to get the message....

;--》

M.

apl68

I've come across two poor cats run over in the street in the past week.  I don't know what caused each of them to be unlucky.  It looked as if each of them died instantly, at least.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.