News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Herd your cats here

Started by eigen, May 17, 2019, 02:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

evil_physics_witchcraft

Youngest evil cat is upset because her Daddy is OUTSIDE! She has now gotten into the habit of yowling in front of the garage door every time he takes out the trash. I wonder if she thinks he's not coming back?

evil_physics_witchcraft

Double post.

Elder evil cat is carrying around his stuffed crab (in his mouth) while yowling in the kitchen. This behavior makes it really hard to concentrate on this test I'm trying to write...

mamselle

Sounds like you need your own stuffed crab and a good place for yowling...

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: mamselle on February 22, 2022, 06:45:52 AM

M.

Probably. Actually, I need to find a way to decompress (like a deep tissue massage). Now, if I could train the cats to do it...

mamselle

Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on February 22, 2022, 07:29:35 AM
Quote from: mamselle on February 22, 2022, 06:45:52 AM

M.

Probably. Actually, I need to find a way to decompress (like a deep tissue massage). Now, if I could train the cats to do it...

Like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-rqqd-KTNY

;--}

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

smallcleanrat

Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on February 21, 2022, 07:51:34 PM
Double post.

Elder evil cat is carrying around his stuffed crab (in his mouth) while yowling in the kitchen. This behavior makes it really hard to concentrate on this test I'm trying to write...

Perhaps he's just trying to remind you of what your real job is: paying attention to your adorable and hilarious kitties.

OneMoreYear

For the past 3 days, Ricochet has napped ON A BED. And allowed a person to pet her while ON A BED. She still spends most of her time on top of a bookshelf or escaping through the wormhole in the basement, but progress!

mamselle

Awww.

Sweet, fragile Ricochet, learning to trust.

The kitty I'm house-sitting for let me very tentatively scritch her back and run my hand along it and over her tail.

I felt honored....

M.

Harlow2

For the past 2 weeks Ulysses has been convinced that there is something of interest in the coat closet.  She darts in without my realizing it, sits happily for a few minutes, and then cries to be let out. 2 hours later we do the same dance again. I wish I knew what she was after.

the_geneticist

Quote from: Harlow2 on February 22, 2022, 04:45:31 PM
For the past 2 weeks Ulysses has been convinced that there is something of interest in the coat closet.  She darts in without my realizing it, sits happily for a few minutes, and then cries to be let out. 2 hours later we do the same dance again. I wish I knew what she was after.

This is a sign you need to install a cat flap on the coat closet door.  Or never, ever close the door again.
Maybe it's nice and warm in there?

mamselle

I'm in kitty-love.

The little soft, furry grey critter I've been caring for this past week has found a tiny warm corner in my heart, and curled up and gone to sleep there.

I'm enchanted.

M.

Larimar

Volhiker78

Yesterday was a sad day for my youngest daughter, G, who fosters kittens for the Humane Society. She had gotten very attached to a male, ginger, Mel.  Mel was a sweetheart, very trusting and friendly.  G asked whether we could adopt Mel last week and we told her if we did, we had to stop fostering as our house would have 3 cats. We also warned that Mel would have a tough time fitting in with our older two as both are very territorial and solitary.  G decided yesterday that Mel would have a better life being someone else's kitty and returned her to the Humane Society.  It was sad especially for G but I was proud of her for making a decision for Mel's best interests.  Have a wonderful life, Mel. 

mahagonny

Quote from: Volhiker78 on February 27, 2022, 06:01:04 AM
Yesterday was a sad day for my youngest daughter, G, who fosters kittens for the Humane Society. She had gotten very attached to a male, ginger, Mel.  Mel was a sweetheart, very trusting and friendly.  G asked whether we could adopt Mel last week and we told her if we did, we had to stop fostering as our house would have 3 cats. We also warned that Mel would have a tough time fitting in with our older two as both are very territorial and solitary.  G decided yesterday that Mel would have a better life being someone else's kitty and returned her to the Humane Society.  It was sad especially for G but I was proud of her for making a decision for Mel's best interests.  Have a wonderful life, Mel.

She sounds like a great kid.
We had a pregnant stray cat in our neighborhood. I trapped four feral kittens in a wire cage and brought them indoors. The idea was to quickly socialize them and then give them to a shelter where they would get adopted, being still kittens. We ended up keeping two.  I suspect the head of the household (me) was influenced by the young daughter. Well, they turned out to be fine cats.
Sadly the mother disappeared and was found, deceased, under a neighbor's porch.

Update about our female who had iodine treatment for hyperthyroidism: She has had fluid in her lungs and so was given several medications including antibiotics. Might have picked up an infection while hospitalized. Last night was rough but she looks a little better today. Fingers crossed.

Puget

Quote from: the_geneticist on February 22, 2022, 05:19:02 PM
Quote from: Harlow2 on February 22, 2022, 04:45:31 PM

This is a sign you need to install a cat flap on the coat closet door.  Or never, ever close the door again.
Maybe it's nice and warm in there?

Or less happily, maybe you have a mouse.
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes