News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

The Venting Thread

Started by polly_mer, May 20, 2019, 07:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antiphon1

What a pain. 

We had wax bees in the decorative lintels on our porch.  They made a huge mess.  The exterminator killed 'em then we entombed the the remains with spray foam.  I have no idea whether our repair stuck since we sold that house 3 weeks later. 

Good luck.  Fora and fauna are insidious, destructive little boogers.  At least it isn't termites. 

FishProf

Quote from: Antiphon1 on May 23, 2022, 06:13:54 PM
Good luck.  Fora and fauna are insidious, destructive little boogers.  At least it isn't termites.

Funniest typo of the day!
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

mamselle

I saw that, too!

Beware of wood-chewing forumites!

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

paultuttle

Quote from: mamselle on May 24, 2022, 03:28:56 AM
I saw that, too!

Beware of wood scenery-chewing forumites!

M.

There, I fixed that for ya.

mamselle

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

evil_physics_witchcraft

I'm so aggravated. We changed out the fan switch on my car (plug and play) and the damn thing is about a millimeter too long, so it will not snap into the electrical connector. I went back and looked at reviews for this part and some people reported the same problem. Argh. Should I shave it down?- go to a different store for another part? This was supposed to be easy!

apl68

I spent most of the day traveling to a city an hour away to take care of some work for the library.  I thought I had it taken care of, but got back to work and found that it was a bust.  Now I'm back to the drawing board.  While in the city I picked up some items that we were needing here, so the trip wasn't a total waste of time.  But it's not much to show for the day.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

mamselle

Sorry, EPW and apl!

No fun at all.

Is it a full moon or something??

Between yesterday and today, two different people have bugged out of online meetings or lessons rather suddenly, leaving me startled!

Not a biggie, but these are an adult and an older teen who should know it's at least polite to say, "Good-bye!" or give some advance warning!

Grumble....

M.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: mamselle on May 24, 2022, 03:23:47 PM
Sorry, EPW and apl!

No fun at all.

Is it a full moon or something??

Between yesterday and today, two different people have bugged out of online meetings or lessons rather suddenly, leaving me startled!

Not a biggie, but these are an adult and an older teen who should know it's at least polite to say, "Good-bye!" or give some advance warning!

Grumble....

M.

Nope. Waning crescent. I plan to return the parts I bought and just drop my car off at my local mechanic. I don't want to chase down parts and I'm so aggravated by it that I just don't want to deal with it now.

evil_physics_witchcraft

So, one of the bee removal companies that I spoke with said that my property has been treated. Um... I never got a quote, estimate or a contract and you just came on to my property and did something without my permission???!!!! Apparently this happened at 5am this morning? WTF?

mamselle

Can you ask them to detail where they were and what they did so you don't "disturb" anything....?

Sounds weird/scammy...

M.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: mamselle on May 25, 2022, 07:05:06 AM
Can you ask them to detail where they were and what they did so you don't "disturb" anything....?

Sounds weird/scammy...

M.

Definitely. Apparently, they offer a 'free' service. We'll see.

clean

If you have bees IN the walls, then how did they 'take care of it'?
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

Antiphon1

Quote from: FishProf on May 24, 2022, 03:22:16 AM
Quote from: Antiphon1 on May 23, 2022, 06:13:54 PM

Funniest typo of the day!

Who said it was a typo?

clean

spent a week with my parents.  It was a good trip. My mom had surgery on her hand, so the bride and I went over to minimize her opportunity to violate doctor's orders to not use it. 

Flying back today.

My bride changed her name and got a new passport.  While she has a brand new passport to support her new name, her old Trusted Traveler Number was not updated.  So she had to go through the LONG line for security.  I left her behind and went through Pre Check.  My bag was packed with 2 computers, assorted electronics, a CPAP machine, and batteries.  I could have joined her in the Long line but I would have spent much longer unpacking and then repacking after scanning.  She had only a purse and a small bag/bigger purse. 

There was a teen behind us on the plane.  He had ear buds but I kept hearing something.  I asked if he was playing something, but he claimed to not understand me. 
The flight was really bumpy so the flight attendants were seated much of the time, so I could not ask them to find the source of the noise.

Then on landing, we had to wait for the gate to clear, and I suppose that waiting is difficult for teeny boys and he was banging on the lap tray.  Then when we got to the gate, he jumped up  and stood next to me, jumping in front of me in the line.  He was traveling with grandparents we think, and they jumped in early too! He claimed not to understand English.   Unfortunately, for him, my bride speaks Spanish! 

Long layover at second airport.  My last leg is only 45 minutes flight time, but doesnt start to board til after 1 (2 more hours away).

On the positive news, my stocks seem to have recovered something this morning.  Im still down A LOT for May, but unless there is a negative rebound this afternoon, I have recovered most of what was lost yesterday.
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader