News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What do admincritters do?

Started by Parasaurolophus, March 22, 2024, 11:45:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wahoo Redux

Quote from: BadWolf on April 04, 2024, 09:18:08 AMI am a mid-level admin critter.

My primary job it to keep the institution compliant with all the Federal, State, and accreditor regulations regarding higher education. Both from an academic/programmatic standpoint, and a fiscal standpoint.  It's a hellish job that gets worse every year with the state legislators demanding reporting on vague metrics they don't understand and are difficult to quantitatively measure; and Federal regulations designed to penalize for-profits but are having a horrible reporting burden impact on non-profits (the Financial Value Transparency (FVT) and Gainful Employment (GE) rules).

Before I left industry to go into higher ed, I laughed at a political candidate who was promoting the elimination of the Department of Ed. Now, almost 20 years later, she would get my vote every dang time.

Believe me, faculty do not want to do my job.

Polly_mere used to post a lot about this part of her administrative duties.  She explained a lot of this----I believe it is somewhere here on this iteration of the Fora.
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.