News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Halloween Plans?

Started by clean, October 26, 2020, 03:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clean

Are you planning to participate in any Halloween activities?  (Will you answer the door to the ghouls and goblins this year?)

Will you BUY candy?

(If you do, will you get the kind you like best, as you may end up with most of it to enjoy yourself?)
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

dismalist

I have always blacked out and locked down the house for Halloween. Since the despised Daylight Savings Time has been extended to after Halloween, so as to keep the trick-or-treating little devils safer, I have been doubling down on that.
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

Parasaurolophus

Childers don't walk to the top of our hilltain. It's too huge and too steep. But I got a box of candy to surreptitiously distribute among the neighbour and landlord childers.

For the landlord childers, the night of the 30th I'll make a candy trail going down to our small front garden, in which I'll bury a small mound of candies with a makeshift headstone.
I know it's a genus.

clean

QuoteI'll make a candy trail going down to our small front garden, in which I'll bury a small mound of candies with a makeshift headstone.

That sounds interesting!!
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

kaysixteen

Interesting.   In this community, covid has cancelled trick-or-treating,  IIRC.  In neighboring RI, the gov has cancelled it statewide.   What are the policies where you all are?

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: kaysixteen on October 26, 2020, 04:52:53 PM
Interesting.   In this community, covid has cancelled trick-or-treating,  IIRC.  In neighboring RI, the gov has cancelled it statewide.   What are the policies where you all are?

A few neighbourhoods have formed trick-or-treat bubbles, and won't be allowing anyone in from outside that neighbourhood. Dunno about the rest of the city.

TBH, it seems a little weird to me; trick-or-treating is mostly done outdoors, is often masked, and doesn't really involve close contact with anyone. I would think that the risks are generally pretty minimal, so long as children don't go around in large non-family groups and the treat-givers wash their hands and mask up, or just leave the candy outside for the kidlets to pick up themselves.

I would think that parties are a much bigger concern.
I know it's a genus.

Vkw10

I'm judging a virtual costume contest. Partner has decorated patio, doors, windows, and is  eyeing the shrubbery. The Halloween cookie cutters just happened to appear on kitchen counter yesterday, so I suspect I'll be roped into cookie decorating.
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

secundem_artem

Same as last year.  I dress up like the patriarchy and give the girls half as much candy as I give the boys.
Funeral by funeral, the academy advances

hmaria1609

It's been fun seeing all the Halloween and fall decorations in the neighborhood. Some have done a combo!

I have M&M's milk chocolate ghoul mix for my own snacking at the library. Speaking of M&Ms, any one else seen their Halloween TV commercial featuring Red and Yellow?

Sun_Worshiper

Weather is nice here in the evenings, so we might go to an outdoor bar for a drink, in simple costumes.  Will probably pass on giving out candy this year, under the circumstances.

evil_physics_witchcraft

We plan to throw candy at anyone who gets within 10 ft. of the front porch.

apl68

Trick-or-treating is set to go as normal locally, but all the local Halloween events have been cancelled.  That includes the usual Fall Festival at the library.  We're offering to-go goody bags on Friday and Saturday instead.  I hope we get a good response.

I personally will be out of town on Saturday and won't have trick-or-treaters at the house to deal with.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

onehappyunicorn

Our college is doing a drive through trunk or treat, I've got a bunch of pumpkins I'm planning on carving for our display.

nebo113

Local town advertising "Children of the Quarantine" as its Halloween theme.  Since I pretty much don't go anywhere these days, I've added that to my list of no goes.

nonsensical

We are not giving out candy this year, but we did buy a bunch of candy to eat ourselves. I will probably also wear something Halloween-ish to work on Friday for the entertainment of the students who will be Zooming with me.