News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What are you doing for election day?

Started by nonsensical, November 03, 2020, 04:53:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nonsensical

Voting, I hope, if you're eligible and haven't done so already. What else? Obsessively following the returns as soon as they start coming in? Trying to ignore the whole thing? Going about your everyday activities because you don't live in the US (or you do, but there isn't much election related stuff to be done at this point)? Watching TV nervously from outside the US because whatever people decide to do here has consequences outside of this one country?

My spouse and I voted already, so no need for us to do that today. I think I'll go for a run this morning, then some combination of catching up on work stuff, doing some house-related things, and relaxing. We started a ritual a few years ago of getting take-out from a tasty local place on election night, and we are definitely doing that again tonight; it is a lovely thing to look forward to for nights that might otherwise be stressful. I will try to go to bed at my regular time and look at the news when I wake up tomorrow. I imagine my spouse will be up far later than me with the news.

mamselle

Regular online chapel service in 1/2 hr, feels especially apposite today.

Regular AM meeting at 10, the rest of the day given to work stuff, regular folk dance online at 7.30 pm.

I voted weeks ago, and saw the 'accepted' note against my name on the state's Secretary of State website already.

In between all that, I'll be in constant prayer for the safety and peace of the nation and a responsible, peaceful transition, however things turn out.

I may check the election results a few times along the way; after folk dance, a few of us may stay up and talk a bit.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

EdnaMode

I had a Zoom lecture at 8 AM, am currently in an office hour, then will have lab until 2:00. After that, I'll finish up a few things in my office, then go vote. After voting, I'll turn off all social media, not watch any news, binge watch something silly and fun, eventually go to bed, and wake up tomorrow to the results.
I never look back, darling. It distracts from the now.

downer

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."—Sinclair Lewis

Langue_doc

ohnoes

Parasaurolophus

It was said we would watch some Fox News this evening, so I'll spend the day doing teaching things and not thinking about it. Best to approach that kind of viewing with a blankish slate, I think. Shudder.
I know it's a genus.

clean

giving an exam tomorrow, so getting it ready.
Grading quizzes and homework today.
Volunteered to have additional, online office hours tonight from 7 to 8.

hoping to get everying done before tomorrow's test.
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

traductio

evil_physics_witchcraft

Cringing.

Well, I also need to create content and grade.

OneMoreYear

Meeting with colleague
Grant meeting
Meeting with colleague
Vote
Grading blitz while ignoring election news until I'm forced to look at it

ab_grp

Our ballots were received last week, so I will probably just try to stay sane today.  I already had a solid enough freak out about it and hopefully got that out of my system.  Focus on my usual routine, warm up with word puzzles and Sudoku, do some Duolingo, get back to a few friends I owe correspondence to, try to get some article revisions done while listening to my new favorite podcast, read some more of a book we're enjoying, maybe get some food delivered, watch some comedies.  Definitely having some wine! I guess things could drag out for days or weeks or more, so I'll just try to keep my blood pressure down and try not to worry about what might happen.  Easier said than done, I'm sure.

Harlow2

Voted yesterday. Today: Massive quantities of grading and then a night hike with walking club.  Distraction is the name of the game.....

saffie

Voted in person earlier today - no line, everyone masked up. My congressperson was chatting with people outside on the sidewalk. A pile of grading awaits, so that's what I'll be doing as I listen to results coming in.