News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Probationary Members

Started by aside, May 28, 2019, 07:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aside

Let's hope the bots can't read.  Perhaps a disguised URL rather than a simple link could be requested, something an actual human could read.

Hibush

Checking how the probationary protocol is working to date.

There are currently about 135 Probationary Members (of 235). Most are recent additions who have not posted, which is as intended.

However there are a fair number who have posted, and are thus outside the intended plan.
The posts seem to be on or before May 23. Are those posts all before the date that the current protocol was implemented? Will these Probationary Members turn into New Members simply by posting again?

whiteknight

Hoping to get off probation. Here, not in real life. Honest.

polly_mer

Quote from: Hibush on June 06, 2019, 03:44:56 AM
Checking how the probationary protocol is working to date.

There are currently about 135 Probationary Members (of 235). Most are recent additions who have not posted, which is as intended.

However there are a fair number who have posted, and are thus outside the intended plan.
The posts seem to be on or before May 23. Are those posts all before the date that the current protocol was implemented? Will these Probationary Members turn into New Members simply by posting again?

Yes, posting again will clear the probationary status.
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

Pendragon

Posting just to be posting -- although being a "probationer" has quite nice conotations!

malcha

Post or perish!

Have I escaped the probationary holding area?

mamselle

Yes!!!

Welcome!

M.

(who deliberately uses a cap-M so as not to confuse people with your lc 'm' as a sign-off)...

Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

BlueberryBagel

Hello, everyone. First post. Thank you for undertaking the construction of a new gathering place.

Cheerful

BlueberryBagel, what a great user name!

poiuy

I successfully posted earlier, but seem to have gone back to probationary status, as my post (on the 'animals that begin with P thread) is awaiting moderation before posting ....

polly_mer

Quote from: poiuy on June 08, 2019, 05:04:07 PM
I successfully posted earlier, but seem to have gone back to probationary status, as my post (on the 'animals that begin with P thread) is awaiting moderation before posting ....

I thought that post seemed familiar.  I've approved the new version; let us know if something else disappears.

Also interesting is this post did not require me to approve it; it was waiting here when I clicked "show unread posts" seconds after approving the other post (i.e., far too little time to write and post this post if waiting until the other post was approved to start this one).  Did this post mention requiring moderation?

Skelpie

Hi there *waves*

Just posting to get past the probationary period. I'm a reader more than a poster and had only a couple of posts on the CHE forum.

polly_mer

Quote from: Skelpie on June 09, 2019, 06:40:42 AM
Hi there *waves*

Just posting to get past the probationary period. I'm a reader more than a poster and had only a couple of posts on the CHE forum.

*waves back*

Welcome!

poiuy

Quote from: polly_mer on June 08, 2019, 05:05:19 PM
Quote from: poiuy on June 08, 2019, 05:04:07 PM

I thought that post seemed familiar.  I've approved the new version; let us know if something else disappears.

Also interesting is this post did not require me to approve it; it was waiting here when I clicked "show unread posts" seconds after approving the other post (i.e., far too little time to write and post this post if waiting until the other post was approved to start this one).  Did this post mention requiring moderation?

Thank you Polly.
Yes, that "p" post, and the one on this thread, both gave me a 'post will appear after moderation' type of message.

Hibush

We passed a milestone today: 500 members.

250 members remain probationary.