News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

the "things you wish you could say" thread

Started by archaeo42, May 30, 2019, 01:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vkw10

You're going to fail a $800 course for lack of a $30 textbook? Really?

For the fourth time, I put a copy of the textbook on 2-hour reserve at the library. They have this magical device known as a scanner. Walk next door, borrow the book, and illegally scan the entire thing so you can do your assignments.
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

Economizer

Two times a week I go grocery shopping. Often cold cuts are on my grocery list. When I visit that section, I notice that almost all ham is noted as being UNCURED! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? NO MORE TRICHANOSIS OR WHAT? TURKEY is not to be trusted for long if improperly rewrapped and chicken, sheesh, is for the birds! This is not just a bunch of baloney. I am calling for an investigation of meat packing, kinda.
So, I tried to straighten everything out and guess what I got for it.  No, really, just guess!

fishbrains

It's now every f*cking week with this $hit. You literally put the "turd" into Saturdays.
I wish I could find a way to show people how much I love them, despite all my words and actions. ~ Maria Bamford

jimbogumbo

Quote from: Economizer on June 18, 2021, 08:57:36 PM
Two times a week I go grocery shopping. Often cold cuts are on my grocery list. When I visit that section, I notice that almost all ham is noted as being UNCURED! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? NO MORE TRICHANOSIS OR WHAT? TURKEY is not to be trusted for long if improperly rewrapped and chicken, sheesh, is for the birds! This is not just a bunch of baloney. I am calling for an investigation of meat packing, kinda.

Uncured just means they use salt or celery powder rather than nitrates or nitrites to preserve it.

Economizer

Quote from: jimbogumbo on June 19, 2021, 12:54:09 PM
Quote from: Economizer on June 18, 2021, 08:57:36 PM

Uncured just means they use salt or celery powder rather than nitrates or nitrites to preserve it.

oh.
So, I tried to straighten everything out and guess what I got for it.  No, really, just guess!

mamselle

^ Unrelated to any of the above...and to no-one here.

You need to take the entitled chip on your shoulder, carve something beautiful and generous with it, and give it away.

That's the only transformative modality I can see that will redeem this deep sense of pain you keep carrying with you, and lighten your path to--well, to the light.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Economizer

Thinking objectively, although a great deal of media currently suggests otherwise, the Great State of Oregon is surely not, in its entirety, a GOD forsaken land.

EdnaMode

Really dude of [not German] descent? You just mansplained to me how to pronounce my very German last name? Thanks. I'll be sure to tell all my relatives about that.

Instead of saying that, I just nodded and smiled, and said, "Hmmm... interesting." and went about things as normal.
I never look back, darling. It distracts from the now.

apl68

Already said it on another thread, now awaiting the inevitable backlash.  They can have the last word on that thread if they want it so badly.  I've said what I had to say, and stand by it.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

OneMoreYear

[unrelated to previous posts on this thread]. This. This, this, this. This is why our students exhibit entitlement during the program. This is why they think that the rules/deadlines/faculty decisions are just suggestions. Because whenever there is a complaint, administration capitulates.   And this, this impacts all of us.  Making this change without discussing the options with the faculty is a dangerous precedent.

ergative

Every interaction with you leaves me feeling happy. I'm so glad we hired you. You make our department a better place.

apl68

Quote from: ergative on June 22, 2021, 06:05:44 AM
Every interaction with you leaves me feeling happy. I'm so glad we hired you. You make our department a better place.

That's a wonderful thing to be able to say about anybody!
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

waterboy

I really wish I could say "Wow! I have the winning Powerball ticket!"  (Dream on, dream on, dream until your dreams come true...)
"I know you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure that what you heard was not what I meant."

mamselle

I wish I could say to my friend, "No chance it's a cancerous lump. You'll be fine."

Not likely, as it now appears.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

evil_physics_witchcraft

I'd like to tell the dentist down the road to shove their $40,000 quote up their ASS for SO's teeth. Maybe I should?