News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Knitting, Sewing and Handcraft Projects, Now and Forever...

Started by mamselle, March 15, 2020, 07:55:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nebo113

I have two weaving projects underway.  One on my small loom.  The other almost ready to put on the bigger loom.

mamselle

A friend used to do large wall hangings, and showed a group of us how she planned her threads, with four colors, two warm, two cool, on complementary directions.

I've never known if that was standard, or something she came up with, but they were beautiful when done.

One was for a stairwell--after it was finished, it was suspended on a spiral support and cascaded down three flights towards the ground, ending about 4 feet above the floor.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

wellfleet

I'm starting a tapestry weaving class in a couple of weeks. I haven't done any weaving in decades, but I'm eager to get back to it, in a small way.
One of the benefits of age is an enhanced ability not to say every stupid thing that crosses your mind. So there's that.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: wellfleet on July 02, 2022, 11:30:44 AM
I'm starting a tapestry weaving class in a couple of weeks. I haven't done any weaving in decades, but I'm eager to get back to it, in a small way.

That sounds interesting. I want to do some embroidery/sewing, but I always find an excuse to not get into it. I've also been watching a woman on instagram who embroiders body parts from anatomy manuals which is very cool. I think I mentioned it earlier.

nebo113

Quote from: wellfleet on July 02, 2022, 11:30:44 AM

How delightful!  Might you give details?

wellfleet

I'll try, once it starts. It's through the Vesterheim Museum's folk art school, which has expanded to a lot of online classes during the pandemic.
One of the benefits of age is an enhanced ability not to say every stupid thing that crosses your mind. So there's that.

mamselle

Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.