News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Post your asides here

Started by aside, June 05, 2019, 09:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OneMoreYear

So . . . the swear word is censored, but you feel totally OK typing the other word?
I need to remember not to click on that thread.

Langue_doc

Whatever happened to Fiona the thread killer? Or was that someone else?

mamselle

I often wish the same thing

But Fiona (who was truly the thread-killler, yes) was fairly well along in years when the old Forum went away.

Checking now to see if she even signed up for this one...nope, or if she did, she didn't use that moniker here.

Someone needs to fill those shoes, indeed.

But mostly, I just have a three-and-out rule for myself.

If after three efforts to inject a little sense into the conversation, it's still running off the rails, I just stop posting to it, and let it go to the second-tier "New Replies" listing, where after a bit, when everyone else does the same, it stops showing up on my "Unread Posts" list at opening. (It's telling how many threads have the same few people in the last-poster position)

Took awhile to figure that strategy out, but it contributes no end of peace to my sense of fora-well-being...

You can't change others, and you can't change situations. You can only change yourself and how you respond to those situations.

So I do.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Langue_doc on March 24, 2022, 06:11:12 AM
Whatever happened to Fiona the thread killer? Or was that someone else?

I'm pretty sure she said she wasn't coming when the old forum died.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Now that you mention it, I think that's correct, too.

Much missed.

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

mahagonny

Now, is that what you really want? How can you keep coming here to not look at things when some busybody is preventing them from happening?

ciao_yall

Maybe it is your coffee...

mahagonny

mahagonny

Is that everyone's problem?

jimbogumbo

Aside #1: I blame myself.

Aside #2: Lighten up Francis.

mamselle

Had to laugh.

That made me think of this Francis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-3p19Ymb8o

M.

mahagonny

Where is the evidence anyone ever gave a f*** about that one?

Parasaurolophus

That's... not how that works.
I know it's a genus.

mahagonny

If Trump agrees with something someone said then it's false.

mahagonny

And now you put on the sweet feminine charm to campaign for the gender-changing of children, while lamenting the fact that people fight over strongly held views, after calling me an idiot. I must give you credit. You know how cook on all four burners. But it does strain credulity.
You have fight people who are wrong. We agree on that.