Author Topic: Herd your cats here  (Read 121498 times)

apl68

• Distinguished Senior Member
Re: Herd your cats here
« Reply #1845 on: June 05, 2023, 07:33:13 AM »
The other day I saw a cat chasing a squirrel away from a yard.  Then the cat ran up under a tree.  I heard a bunch of avian squawking.  It sounded like the cat was now terrorizing a bird.  Then I saw the can run away from the tree with a squawking bird in pursuit.  Then I realized that maybe it wasn't the cat that was doing the terrorizing.
If in this life only we had hope in Christ, we would be the most pathetic people of all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  Christ was first, and afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

smallcleanrat

« Reply #1846 on: June 05, 2023, 08:17:16 AM »
The other day I saw a cat chasing a squirrel away from a yard.  Then the cat ran up under a tree.  I heard a bunch of avian squawking.  It sounded like the cat was now terrorizing a bird.  Then I saw the can run away from the tree with a squawking bird in pursuit.  Then I realized that maybe it wasn't the cat that was doing the terrorizing.

Haha. Poor kitty. Wonder if it got too close to the nest.

What sort of bird was it?

apl68

• Distinguished Senior Member
« Reply #1847 on: June 05, 2023, 10:13:44 AM »

Haha. Poor kitty. Wonder if it got too close to the nest.

What sort of bird was it?

I wasn't close enough to get a look.  Which has to be pretty close indeed, with my poor distance vision.  I strongly suspect a mockingbird.  They're famously protective of their young.  As I once found out firsthand at age seven.  I still have a vivid image in my mind of a winged beak diving right at my face....
If in this life only we had hope in Christ, we would be the most pathetic people of all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  Christ was first, and afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.