News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Trivial Irrelevant Aggravations

Started by sprout, October 03, 2019, 12:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langue_doc

Quote from: bio-nonymous on June 20, 2024, 07:57:21 AMPeople of the world: Please stop walking around in public using your phone like a boom box--NOBODY wants to hear your music!

You aren't familiar with our subways are you? We often get two or more phones blaring loud music in a subway car.

the_geneticist

Quote from: fishbrains on July 03, 2024, 08:53:37 AM
Quote from: the_geneticist on July 03, 2024, 08:44:24 AMI bought super concentrated food coloring gel.  The foil seal on the top has no pull tab and is sealed super, duper well.

How am I supposed to open the darn thing without risking poking myself with a sharp object and staining myself, the sharp object, the countertop, entire kitchen, etc?

Does the top of the screw cap have a pointy thing on it? If not, maybe a straight pin?

Nope!  No pointy thing on the cap (and it's a small jar about 1" across).  I ended up using a butter knife & wearing gloves.

fishbrains

My wife tried to separate frozen biscuits (American) with a butter knife. Once.

Thirteen stitches, and our hallway looked like someone had filmed a bad slasher movie in our house.

Glad your experience was more successful. :)
I wish I could find a way to show people how much I love them, despite all my words and actions. ~ Maria Bamford

Sea_Ice

A green stinkbug got into the house by hiding in the laundry.  Once it gets lower than the top of the curtains I'll try to put it back outside, b/c I doubt the cats are going to be any help.

apl68

It could be worse.  At least the house isn't a skunk magnet like the house of one of our former staff members.
For our light affliction, which is only for a moment, works for us a far greater and eternal weight of glory.  We look not at the things we can see, but at those we can't.  For the things we can see are temporary, but those we can't see are eternal.

Puget

I live across the street from a park with a splash pad, which means a stead stream of ice cream trucks in the summer, which are trivially aggravating me. One in particular in addition to the music has a recording of a women saying HELLO! very very loudly every minute or so. That one is by far the worst. The current one just has a very weird music medley, which since I've been paying attention in the last few minutes has included Rudolf the Red Noised Raindeer, My Darling Clementine, and Tis a Gift to be Simple, none of which exactly say "ice cream" to me.
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes