News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathwen

Good morning!

Against all expectations, I got to QBABM yesterday!  Last word was eclectic.  Today I am at Genius with the pangram.

LB:  I found one, but I don't like it:  reknown-normality.  I had tried renown, saw normality, and had the K left over, so tried, just for the heck of it, reknown—and was stunned when it was accepted.  I found a 2fer today with normal words.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

QB, needed hints for celli, lenience which are easy ones I have missed before.

LB - closest I got was a 2fer b4ss marionet-twinkly. Quick 2fer this morning, so back to the bee!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got off to a good start while getting ready this morning and just have two 4-letter words left to go today.  Hopefully I can find them given that I have the whole day! I am probably jinxing myself.  Congrats on your QBABY yesterday, cathwen! That is quite a feat.  I ended up needing first-letter hints to get telegenic, genetic but managed to get the rest. 

For LB, I got teamwork-kinkily.  Congrats on yours cathwen and on another today! And congrats on yours today, ciao_yall!

Langue_doc, I think you said you were headed to vacation after the workshop, so I hope your travel goes well when you switch over!

Cathwen, did you get to try out the new pool?

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Yay! Got to QBABM! Still no real luck on LB, though.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius so far. QB yesterday.

aerial/lunchbox

ab_grp, the workshop (fun, not "work") ended yesterday. The heat is unbearable, especially in the unairconditioned buildings and the dorms. I decided to stay an extra day to explore and go for long walks, but the temperature's been in the 90's. I'm leaving to visit friends in a Boston suburb in about a couple of hours. Forecast today for Boston is almost 100 degrees. Thunderstorms tomorrow and "cooler" temperatures--high eighties!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBABM yesterday, last word coif, found just as I was about to rip out great hanks of hair in frustration. Congratulations on your QBABY, ab_grp!  Today I'm at genius with both pangrams.

LB:  I had the "official" bronchial-luxe.  Congratulations on getting a different one, Langue_doc!  I have a 2fer today, too, but it took a long time to find it.

Langue_doc, I hope your friends in Boston have air conditioning!  Enjoy your visit.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to almost alpha with two pangrams so far.  I hope to get QBABM again, but I'm not as close as yesterday.  My last two were doff, coif.  Congrats on your QBABY, cathwen! Maybe a coif would prevent you from ripping out your hair! I'm glad I looked it up just in case, because I thought it actually meant hair.  Oops!

No luck on LB.  I saw luxe and was thinking of bracheal, which wasn't in there, but that's as close as I got to the schmofficial solution.  And I had luncher.  But I thought relaxable might be my best bet.  Oh well.  Congrats on your 2fers, Langue_doc and cathwen, and on another today, cathwen!

Langue_doc, I also hope you have some air conditioning in your future! It seems quite warm on the east coast right now.  Too bad the high heat probably made the idea of a long walk much less appealing. 

Happy solving! 

ciao_yall

QB with help from a friend. Last word: comfy.

LB aerial-lunchbox

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Got to QBABM! Whew!!

Congrats on your 2fer yesterday, ciao_yall! That was a tough one, I think.

Today also seems a bit tough to me so far, but I have some possibilities.  Friend call got postponed, so more time to get some puzzles done (and housework).

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

ciao_yall

QBw2LL, last words nighttime, meming. LB piquant-tombstone, banquets-stompiest.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with the pangrams so far.  I think yesterday my final words were minim, mitt.  Not sure I will get a 3peat QBABM.

Congrats on your two 2fers, ciao_yall! None for me again.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Not sure where I am today; recall finding the pangram and making it to either genius or almost genius around 4 this morning. Decided to rest for a few minutes last night after dinner with friends, and then woke up at 3:45 with the lights on. What to do, what to do, other than the bee. Then went back to sleep, and now am getting ready to have lunch with friends and then going to the museum.

I'm staying in air-conditioned comfort in a hotel, with a river view from my window, and traffic on the pike and the feeder roads in the distance, behind the trees.

Made it to QB yesterday, but didn't realize that there were two pangrams until this morning.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

I made QB yesterday, albeit with 1L help for the last word, which I was sure I had already gotten—them!  Today I am at Beta with both pangrams.

LB:  I had the "official" piquant-tombstone.  I have a 2fer today as well. 

Congratulations, ciao_yall, on finding *two* 2fers yesterday!  Langue_doc, your accommodations for this part of your trip sound much more comfortable.  Enjoy the rest of your stay!

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Got a 2fer! Congrats on yours as well, cathwen, and on your solution yesterday!

Langue_doc, I'm glad you have air conditioning and a nice view.  I hope you have a great day out and about!