News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Two pangrams and above genius. According to the bee, I missed acne and ache, which I knew I had entered quite early in the puzzle. Aarrgh!

Hope you've been able to manage the gate to your swimming pool, cathwen.

I can't complain about the room other than the sliding doors in the shower, which have a mind of their own. When the shower stall is dry, the doors go all the way into their brackets, but once the water is turned on, the door slides back slowly and unpredictably in the most ghost-like fashion. On Sunday, I had to hold the door shut with one hand while using the other for soaping and rinsing. Yesterday, I learned to use my foot. I don't think my reporting this had any effect, because the door started creeping backward today as well, although much later than yesterday. Fortunately, I saw housekeeping two doors away yesterday and so got extra towels which I can now put on the floor.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QBwH, last word enchain. Okay there then.

LB just 2fer b4ss photobiotic-criminal, homophobic-charlatan and lots of 3fers.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with 2 pangrams.  Yesterday I still had a good number of words left when we compared.  Just ran out of time!

I got ophthalmic-carbon yesterday, and husband suggested -carbonara, so I guess that's 1.5 solutions.

Today I have a friend call mid-day.  We had a power outage or two last night, apparently, so various electronics have to be reset.  Whee!

Langue_doc, that is wacky about the shower! I cannot stand bad hotel showers that make me feel like I have to spend more time trying to prevent the floor from getting wet than from showering.  Ugh!! I hope someone can fix it for you.  Seems like there should be some way to lock it in place even if not.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Got a 2fer, but I'm not super happy about it so may try again if I have time.

ciao_yall

Quote from: ab_grp on July 26, 2022, 10:35:44 AM
Got a 2fer, but I'm not super happy about it so may try again if I have time.

Yeah I have a 2fer with a word I thought I made up.

ab_grp

I did get a more reasonable 2fer and QBABM! I'm sure this luck can't hold.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius; QB yesterday.

euphemism/mobilizer

Off on the third and final leg of my vacation. Lovely spot, but no internet, so won't be posting for a couple of days.

I finally figured out the shower doors; if I don't touch them when they are dry, they stay put, but when wet, get going by sliding backward. Today was a good shower day because I didn't have to use any of my limbs to hold the door shut.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QBw2LL, last word was taunt. LB phosphorous-sublimize which I put in as a joke but it worked. Gotta use it in a sentence today!

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with the pangram, but it took a while to find! Yesterday my final words were taut, tautly.  I was really glad to find them!!

For LB, I got mobilizer-repush, which is kinda hokey, so next I got publisher-remobilize.  It's not that much better, but a little.  Ciao_yall, yours isn't bad! I don't know how the editors expected people to come up with rhizome, but I'm sure someone did.  Langue_doc's is pretty clean.

Speaking of Langue_doc, I hope you enjoy your final vacation destination! I'm glad you were able to get a good shower in.  Enjoy!!

Happy solving!

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

ciao_yall

QB, needed a hint for journo.

LB - not even a 3fer! Not even close! Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with pangram.  Yesterday we had team QB, but I needed the first letter for aurora.

I had no luck with LB either!! I tried and tried and got close but no 2fer.  Hopefully today is another day!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

I needed help to find the last two words, dorado and journo.  Today I'm at Alpha with three words to go. 

LB:  I had the "official" birthmark-knowing, but still no 2fer today!

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Finally got a 2fer! Egad.  Not a great one, but I will take it.

Cathwen, I think those were my two final words before the one I needed help with.  I hope you get your words today! I still have five left at this point.  And congrats on getting the LB solution yesterday!!