News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH for pepita and pitapat which I always miss. LB shlump-prancing, purchasing-glum.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

I got to QB-1 yesterday, then needed a hint to find appetitive.  Today I am at Beta with the pangram.

LB:  I had charming-galumphs.  Galumphing charmingly?  Several possibilities this time!  And ciao_yall, congratulations on having found two!

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with pangram so far.  Yesterday we almost had team QB but needed help for appetitive, which husband managed to remember, thankfully.  I also needed help for apiece.  Ugh!

For LB, I had hauls-scrimping.  Lots of solutions again!

And thanks again, Langue_doc.  Guess we'll see what happens, ha ha.

Happy solving!

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

ciao_yall

QBwATHICG for dugong, godhood.

LB - 2fer b4ss amphetamines-stirfry, fattens-shrimpy. Not sure it would have taken stirfry but it did take shrimpy. And 3fers coming out of my ears.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius so far. It's another tricky one, so probably won't get any further today.

Last word yesterday was gong. Found the difficult ones much earlier.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

I got to QB-2 yesterday and finally looked at hints to find gong (argh!) and godhood.  I got dugong after consulting my list of weird Bee words.  Today I have three words to go and am stuck.

LB:  I did not find a 2fer yesterday!  I have one today, though.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

Haven't gotten too far on puzzles today.  Neither of us has the pangram yet.  Yesterday I think I needed help with goth, unhung, godhood

No luck on LB despite a lot of very good words (or so I thought).  That was a tough one! Congrats on getting a 2fer today, cathwen!

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Holy cow! I finally got the pangram and made it to genius and found a longish 2fer.  I don't think the puzzle gods are with me today.

cathwen

Good morning!

I did not finish SB yesterday—Youngest Daughter arrived in the afternoon, and what with ensuing chit-chat, catching up, and dinner, I never got back to it.  My missed words were employee, myeloma, and myope.  Today I am at GWP. 

It's great to have her here!  It has cheered up my husband considerably.

LB:  I had livened-drumbeat.  And I have a 2fer today. 

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Finally got to genius with the pangrams.  Yesterday I was also missing myope, myeloma.

For LB I had multivariate-embedment.  Ugh.  Congrats on another today, cathwen!

And enjoy your daughter's visit! That's great that it helped cheer your husband up so much.  I hope he is continuing to recover and adjust well.

happy solving!

ciao_yall

QB - traded hints with a friend to get employee, myeloma, myope. LB livened-drumbeat.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Pangrams and above genius. Missed laypeople.

cathwen, enjoy your visit with youngest daughter. Hope husband is recovering on schedule.

Happy solving!

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Two pangrams (found the second one only because I mistyped) and above genius. Missed grandad, grandpapa (!) and a couple more words yesterday.

junctions/skewed

Happy solving!