News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

Got to QBABM! Yay.  Still no 2fer, though I am so close! Congrats on getting one today, cathwen, and on getting one yesterday, Langue_doc! That was a tough one!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius. Last word yesterday, was the appropriate whew.

ab_grp, congrats on youngest going to college.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QBwG. Lots of odd ones yesterday which kinda messed with my head so I went to the grid to see I was missing nohow, whey, whew.

LB jumble-entryway.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning! 

GwP this morning.  Yesterday my last word was also whew.

LB:  I also had jumble-entryway.  I found a 2fer this morning, too, although it's not a very economical one. 

Youngest Daughter's mother and step-father (I'm her step-mother) came to pick her up yesterday (they'd been vacationing not far away) and stayed for brunch.  I've always liked my husband's ex-wife, and her husband is really nice, so it was a very comfortable morning spent eating and chatting. I'm so glad we've been able to stay friendly all these years.  YD's visit was like a tonic for my husband, so we were a little sad to see her go. 

Ab_grp, has your daughter been delivered to college?  Or is that this weekend?  I hope the move-in goes well!

Happy puzzling, everyone!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with the pangram so far as well.  I think my final two yesterday were whee, honeyed.

Argh, I got so close again on LB! Congrats on your 2fers, ciao_yall and cathwen (and another today!).

Cathwen, that's so nice that you all get along.  It's definitely something to aspire to, but I can't say I see us getting together happily with husband's ex any time in the future.  I get along well with my exes so am lucky there.  Maybe it will happen after some space and time in our lives now that youngest is 18.  It's definitely a much better situation for the kids to have some friendliness, but I guess near civility is the best we can hope for at times.  That sounds like such a nice get together!!  And I'm so glad your youngest's visit brought so much joy.  Hopefully you can look forward to another visit!

Thanks for the good college wishes, Langue_doc and cathwen.  Our youngest headed up there super, super early this morning (like got up at 3 AM to give the cat some meds for the trip and started driving around 4:30) and got there safely.  The ex is on move-in duty since she is the one with family friends up there to stay with and is also from that area so is more familiar with it.  I am hopeful things will go well, though I wish youngest had heard back from the assigned roommate so they could have coordinated what they were bringing.  I will continue to worry for a while, I guess, but at least the trip went fine.  It doesn't sound like it rained nearly as much as was predicted, so that's good.  I am looking forward to hearing more about the move in, roommate, social activities the college is sponsoring, etc.  Should be an exciting time for everyone.  I didn't sleep very well, so I am looking forward to getting some sleep!

Happy solving!

ab_grp

I managed to get a 2fer earlier today but still have a couple words left on the bee.

Parasaurolophus

Whoops, forgot to finish my Bee today.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius so far. Last word yesterday was fail.

implication/nude, dimple/education

ab_grp, hope youngest's roommate is more communicative.

cathwen, sounds like a lovely family gathering.

Happy solving, all!

ciao_yall

QBwH for falloff, layoff. LB implication-nude.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Pangram and genius at this point, but having a hard time.  Yesterday my last words were aloofly and (embarrassingly) fool, which I thought I had already entered.

LB:  I had the very uneconomical amplitude-education.  No 2fer yet today!

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Man, neither of us can find the pangram this morning.  We'll see after a bunch more coffee.  For yesterday, I think I was missing aloofly, calcify, falloff, but we had team QB.

For LB, I had pounced-delimitation.  Lots of solutions, none schmofficial.  Congrats on two of them, Langue_doc! And on another 2fer today, cathwen!

Thanks, Langue_doc.  No roommate had yet arrived when last we heard late last night.  I said a whiteboard on the door might be a good idea to notify any comers that there is a cat in the room in case the roommate shows up while youngest is out.  Still waiting on the edge of my seat, here! Maybe the person will never show up, and it will end up being a solo room.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

I think the coffee helped.  At least I finally saw the pangram and got to genius, and then I got a 2fer!

ciao_yall

QB, needed a few hints including for pontoon. Gah.

LB just a 3fer crackpot-tuba-autonomy.

Happy solving!

ETA: 2fer!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Haven't done too much on puzzles yet today, but I have the pangram and am making my way toward genius.  Yesterday we almost had team QB but were missing concoct, of all things.  I also needed help with toucan, octant, and a few others.  Hopefully I'll have more time today.

For LB, I was excited but ended up with the schmofficial solution, backup-promontory.  Congrats on already getting one today, ciao_yall!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

I needed help for topcoat and coact yesterday.  Today I made QBABM!!

LB:  No 2fer yesterday.  Congratulations on yours, ab_grp!  No 2fer yet today, either.  I have two very good words that just don't mesh—argh!

Happy puzzling!