News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

QBw2LL, last word inlaid.

LB - couldn't find a mate for zipline. Not even a 3fer! Oh well.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Genius with one of the two pangrams this morning.  Yesterday I got to QBABM, last word nada.  I was just about to look at hints when I took one more glance, and there it was.

LB:  I had hazardful-lupine.  I was leery of hazardful, but it took, so I won't complain.  I found a 2fer today also.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

A bit past genius with pangrams today.  Yesterday we each got to QBABO after each having one 4-letter left.  Husband's last word was dint, which he thought was some weird variant of dent (I think this is related to his accent, as his short e's often sound like short i's).  Since he found his final word first and said it was odd, I was looking for a weird word but eventually found nada.  I have a hard time with the Spanish words since not that many are accepted! Just got to try them, I guess.

No luck on LB despite a lot of trying! I also thought frenzied was one of my better contenders.  Congrats, cathwen! And again today!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Slogged my way to genius with the pangram, and then quickly found two more.

Last words yesterday were incur (found incurring early on into the puzzle) and narc (which I've seen numerous times before).

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QBwATHICG for arnica. I really should make a list of all the "bee specials" I regularly miss like nankeen but it's such a nice zing to remember them!

LB - just 3fers including bum-majority-yank, majority-yuk-knob.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwH to find accruing and nuancing.  I got arnica by consulting my list of odd Bee words.  Today I am at Beta with the three pangrams. 

LB:  I had the "official" bunkum-majority.  I have a 2fer today, but the second word is weird.  I may look for another solution if I have time.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

Got to genius with two pangrams so far.  Yesterday we had team QB, but I needed help for arnica, crania, craning, narc, runic, uncaging.  I keep thinking arnica is a proper noun.

ARGH! I had majority and tried bunkam since that seemed like the only possible mate.  Dagnabbit, I should have tried to see if I was spelling it wrong.  I'm kind of going to give myself that one.  Congrats, cathwen, and on another today! Hope you find a second one if you go for it.

Happy solving!

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius; probably no more puzzling today as I find today's kind of puzzles to be quite boring.

Last word yesterday was virility.

Twofer on my first attempt.

outmatch/hardwire; whiteout/timecard

Today's crossword which I completed last night wasn't too bad for a Saturday.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius but no pangram yet.  Yesterday husband got to QBABH and had to help me with virility.  So close.  I felt pretty dumb with trivially being my final pangram (his, too), and then it still took me a while to add virally, vitally to my list after having their partner words! They were my final two that I got by myself.

No luck on LB, though I had weird but didn't think of adding the o as legitimate.  Ugh, again should have tried it.  Congrats on your 2fers, Langue_doc, and on another today! I do have a good contender that I think might have a shot, but I need more coffee, apparently.

I agree, the crossword was not bad today.  At least that's one victory!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

It took me ages to find virality as the third pangram.  And then my last word, virility, should have occurred to me right away, but didn't—when I went to hints, I actually groaned.  Today I have five words to go and cannot imagine what they can be.  It took me a while to find the pangram, too.

LB:  I first found homeward-dutchie, a word I'd never heard of, but apparently it has something to do with cannabis.  Then I found outmarch/outmatch-hardwire.  No 2fer yet today—I have found some good words, but am having trouble with the remaining letters. 

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

QBw2LL, last words larva, larval.

Just 2fer b4ss yesterday humidor-rewatch, and a few 3fers cut-thermidor-raw, what-timid-douchier.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Got a 2fer! My contender ended up working, but I had to think differently, and apparently I got up too early this morning.  Congrats on getting three yesterday, cathwen! I'm sure you'll make it work today.  And you as well, ciao_yall! You always have interesting 3fers, too. 

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius. Didn't bother to complete the bee yesterday.

mentoring/suds and then shrouds/shipment

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QBwH for a new word epode. LB odorous-shipment. Quick 2fer this morning.

Happy solving!