News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langue_doc

It did; I had to check the spelling-- please do so.

ETA I also had to check the spelling of the animal. Google is your friend.

ciao_yall

Oops, hope I didn't ruin it for anyone.

I did check it on Google but didn't notice it wasn't spelled correctly.

ab_grp

I spellchecked an animal in the bee as well today!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Just came by to check the LB answers, but it looks like they still have the ones from two days ago (wrap-pseudonym), even though the new puzzle is out.  I even tried on a different browser that I hadn't logged into NYT from before.  Is it just me? I will check later.

Just started making my way through the bee but no pangram yet and have to get coffee and crossword out of the way.  I got through all today's sudokus but still have yesterday's hard to finish.  Oh yeah, I am glad we got to QB as a team yesterday, but he donated "bonbon" (which I usually get), and then I found "boba" (which I have seen but tend to miss) and "pleb" (which I don't think I would have gotten despite having gotten "plebe").  Oh well, trying random letters works out sometimes! I am going to try for a solo QB today.

ciao_yall

Weird about LB. I got UNRAZED-DIVORCES.

Found a word today that eats up a lot of letters but leaves weird ones behind, so maybe I'll get a 2fer early. Or flail along all day.

ab_grp

Well, maybe I'll find out what the official solution was at some point.  I had CREDENZAS-SURVIVOR, which seemed like a good candidate for it.  I'll try today's here in a minute.  I hope you can get that 2fer, ciao_yall. 

Husband's android app is acting wonky for the bee today, starting him at 227 points and keeping all the words from yesterday, no matter that he killed and restarted the app several times and even rebooted his phone.  Even weirder is that he did enter the final words for QB yesterday as I came across them, so why not start at 241? Maybe something's up with the tech today.

ETA: Well, I got lucky and found a LB 2fer on my first try! Good luck!

Langue_doc

SB tech was fine this morning. ab_grp, hope the tech problems have been resolved.

Made it to above genius earlier today. Is there a second pangram?

I'm also seeing wrap and pseudonym for LB.

boba was a new word for me. I got pleb and then plebe. I also know to look for bonbon and booboo.

cathwen

My answer for yesterday's LB was DIVORCES-SUZERAIN.  Last I checked, the answers for the other day were still up.  I'm curious as to what the "official" answers were!  Apparently, once again, there are at least three possible solutions, as ab_grp and ciao_yall found different pairs.  It's fun to see what others came up with!

Yesterday on SB, I missed baobab (annoying, as I usually get this!), nabob, bola, and boba.

I am working on today's SB--I've gotten a bit beyond genius--and found a 2-fer for LB.  Sudokus are finished.  Now on to the crossword!

ab_grp

Yes, it will be interesting to see what the official solution was, given our three different ones! I had originally started with ZODIAC(S), which I thought might be a good contender, but I couldn't get anywhere with the remaining letters and same side issue.

I still have about 20 points to go for Alpha Bee and also hope that whatever's going on with husband's app gets resolved so we don't have to keep track of two different sets of check point numbers! I only found one pangram so far, but there could be others.

ciao_yall

Found a really weird 2-fer today.

Yesterday I also found DENIZEN, UNCONVINCED, UNRAZORED, VIZORED, SCRIVENER, AZURE, NERVOUS, EVIDENCE...

SB is still at "amazing" but should get to "genius" soon.

ab_grp

Congrats on the 2fer, ciao_yall!

I got up to 229 points in the bee, so Alpha, but I am stymied now.  Husband and I compared, and he couldn't add any to my list, so I guess I could still get QB, but I doubt it at this point.   I've spent all day trying to figure out what's making my computer freeze and have to be rebooted constantly, trying and failing to install updates, etc.  Blergh.

Langue_doc

They're all words we've seen in previous puzzles or ones we know. Let me know if you'd like a hint.

ciao_yall

Made genius on SB, so I'm out of steam on that one. Went online and there were a few short words I had overlooked but we good now. QB is a bit anticlimactic so if it happens, fine.

Still no news on yesterday's official LB solutions. Today, it's mostly been the "G" that I can't do much with though, as mentioned earlier, I did get a weird 2fer.

Langue_doc

It's a difficult one today. If I make it to amazing, I'd consider that to be a success.

ab_grp

Thanks for the hint offer! My computer was going through 12 hours of testing, still no answers as to why it keeps freezing.  Looks like I just missed "midair".  Oh well.  Doing okay today so far, but haven't had coffee or done crosswords and didn't sleep too well.  Probably more computer problem solving (or not) today.

At least I did get the official LB solution yesterday, BODEGA-ANTIQUITY.  I poked around on social media and didn't see anything about the solution from 2 days ago, but I might look again because that is a little odd that no one else appeared to mention it.

Good morning and happy solving!