News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Quick GWP. Forgot about the Bee until just now, and I'm mega-tired.
I know it's a genus.

cathwen

Good morning!

QBw2LL help for navel and valance yesterday.  Today I'm at QB-2, hoping to get the last two words without hints.

LB:  No 2fer yesterday, but I have one today.  Ab_grp, congratulations on yours, great or not!

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB earlier this morning and QB yesterday.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QBwH for cancan which I always miss, and the dictionary for valance.

LB - closest I got was maximalists-scour-rip, scum-maximalists-torpor.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got the pangram but not quite to genius yet.  Yesterday I needed first-letter help for canna.  So close! I thought I had tried it.  Husband did get QBABH.

For LB, I got tropicalism-maximum.  It works, but it's kind of a lot.  Congrats on getting one today, cathwen!

Happy solving!

ETA: Oops, meant to say congrats on your QBs yesterday and today, Langue_doc, and good to see you!

ab_grp

Got a 2fer! Another kind of weird one, but I got one.  And I did manage to get to genius but still have a couple words left.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

cathwen

Good morning!

QB yesterday with help from my list of Bee words to find goby.  Today I am at GWP, and finding this a tough one. 

LB:  I had the "official" touch-hyperdrive.  I found a quick 2fer today.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB already this morning. Last word yesterday was oboe, which keeps cropping up every three days or so.

hyper/reproductive; product/thievery

Found a two-fer as soon as I looked at the puzzle this morning.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QBwH for bebop. LB just 3fers inlcuding pervert-third-douchey which reminds me of a singles bar.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Haha, ciao_yall!  Love that 3fer!

Langue_doc, congratulations on today's QB already! 

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with pangram so far.  Congrats on QB already, Langue_doc! I also needed help with goby yesterday! I don't think I ever would have gotten that.

For LB, I got herp-productivity.  Herp apparently has a couple different meanings.  I just tried it with the leftover letters and was glad it took.  Lots of solutions and a great 3fer from ciao_yall! Congrats on another one today, cathwen and Langue_doc!

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Finally got a 2fer! And we had team QB, but I needed help with a few more than he did.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

cathwen

Good morning!

I made QB yesterday only by typing in mako while trying random letter combinations.  Today I'm at QB-1 and hoping for a similar miracle.

LB:  I had the "official" clump-probation.  I have a 2fer today also.

I had a nice treat this morning—a female ruby-throated hummingbird visited our patio, lingering over the perennial sage that I planted three years ago. I have other flowers that are supposed to attract hummingbirds, but the sage is the one they like best.  It was a lovely way to start the day.

Happy puzzling!