Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBw2LL, last words ammo, mako, momma.

LB clump-probabtion but a rather clunky 10-4 today. May go look for a more elegant one.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Well above genius with two pangrams. Last word yesterday was wanna.

proclamation/numb

Found a two-fer.

cathwen, that's a lovely way to start your day. Incidentally, I too saw a ruby-throated hummingbird just a few days ago, flitting from one daylily to the next.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius and a bit beyond with both pangrams so far.  I think I needed help with amok, lawman, llano.  Congrats on your QBs yesterday, Langue_doc and cathwen!!

I also got proclamation-numb in LB and was surprised that it wasn't schmofficial.  Congrats on all your 2fers today, cathwen, ciao_yall, and Langue_doc!

Hummingbirds are nice little visitors! I'm not sure that I have ever paid much attention to what kind they are but will try to do so.  I am not sure what they are most attracted to here.  And daylily is a bee word!

Happy solving!

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Way to go, Parasaurolophus! I still have so many words left.  And no 2fer.

ciao_yall

QBwH and a few new words candela, clade, dace. And, of course, cancan again because in my brain it's always hyphenated like cha-cha and yo-yo.

LB quicksands-stob.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Didn't quite get to genius yet (almost!), but I do have the pangram.  Yesterday we were two short of team QB (dace, clade), which I don't think I ever would have gotten.  I also needed help with candela, decade, decadence.  Ciao_yall, I have the same problem with cancan.

And congrats on your 2fer!! I had to look up stob.  I got close a couple times, but I just didn't see quicksand.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius; it's a slog today.

Didn't get any time to work on the bee after posting here yesterday, because of several phone calls.

quicksands/sabot

As for hummingbirds, the only species we get here in the city and probably in the eastern regions is the ruby-throated one. We used to see Anna's hummingbirds flitting in and out of the fuschia flowers when we lived in northern CA.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QB yesterday, but needed help to find candela.  Today I'm at GWP, and I agree with Langue_doc, it's a slog.

LB:  I had the "official" quicksand-doubt.  I have a 2fer today.

I will have lots of time for puzzles today, as I am in the waiting room of a hospital as my husband undergoes a cystectomy, having been diagnosed with invasive bladder cancer in February.  He was in good spirits this morning, and his surgeon has a stellar reputation, but...eek.  They estimate that the surgery will take about five hours, so I will do a tour of the gift shop, the Au Bon Pain café, and try out all the comfy-looking chairs.  And do puzzles.  And read.  And pray.  There is every reason to expect a good outcome, so I'm not out of my mind with worry—only mildly anxious.

Anyway...happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Gah... I'm sorry to hear about your husband's diagnosis, cathwen, and I hope his surgery goes very well.  I'm sending you both lots of good wishes.  That is not an easy wait to endure, but things sound very promising.  Take care!!

And congrats on your 2fers, Langue_doc and cathwen! And again today, cathwen!

As for the bee, I got a bit past genius but haven't gotten much further.  I have gotten a lot of housework done this afternoon with some of the few hours this week that everyone's out of the house and I don't have to work around anyone.

Parasaurolophus

Courage, cathwen! I hope the surgery went well, and that he recovers apace.

(Pangramless genius for me, today.)
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Genius, but no pangram yet. I hate the repetitive puzzles--gah!

Didn't get around to looking for more words yesterday, but found the oxymoronic betrayal/loving.

cathwen, I hope the surgery went well, and husband is recovering. Sending you both good thoughts.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QBwH and a new word monad. LB belong-gravity.

Pretty quick GWP this morning so hoping for a QBABM but there is probably a new word lurking in there.

Happy solving!

Parasaurolophus

Yesterday, it accepted monad but rejected monadic.
I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to alpha with the pangram today, so we'll see! Yesterday we had team QB.  I needed help with adman, macadam, macadamia.  There were a couple not accepted again.

As for LB, I got betraying-gloving, which is boring but better than nothing.  Congrats on all the solutions!

Hope things are going well, cathwen.

Happy solving!