News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

Quote from: cathwen on November 28, 2022, 09:00:28 AM
And I failed to find a 2fer for LB also, and am not having any luck so far today.  But hope springs eternal!

Ab_grp, did we have different puzzles yesterday?  Mine didn't have hamburger or zenith.  I hope your water isn't off for long! 

Thanks, cathwen! Me too! And is it possible that your LB didn't reset from the previous day? What letters did you have? I bet you would have gotten the solution along with us!

I was really happy to get wallaroo this time.  I think that's a first.

cathwen

Ab_grp, I thought you were talking about SB.  My LB letters were the same as yours—I just didn't see either hamburger or zenith.  Gah!

ab_grp

Quote from: cathwen on November 28, 2022, 10:53:33 AM
Ab_grp, I thought you were talking about SB.  My LB letters were the same as yours—I just didn't see either hamburger or zenith.  Gah!

Ahh! Makes sense.  Well, I didn't see either of them all day, either.  Maybe watching Pretty Little Liars in the evenings and trying to figure out the ridiculously contrived mystery sharpens my LB skill briefly.  I'm glad I didn't accidentally do today's puzzle and give it away!

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

ciao_yall

Busy day yesterday so not too focused. QBwH for a lot of words I should have gotten. I think the last one was giggle. Had a few 2fer b4ss glowier-ranches, sawhorses-slicing and close to the shmofficial cowers-sigh-hangnail.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius. Last word yesterday was linen.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Pangram and genius for me, too—but there are two pangrams, and I haven't found the second one yet!  Yesterday I needed some help to get to QB; last word was niggle.

LB:  No 2fer yesterday, but I found one today!

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Finally got to genius, but only with one pangram.  I have no idea what the other one is right now.  Yesterday we would have had team QB but we each needed the same word, exec.  Ugh!! Not a difficult one! I also thought exigence would be in there.  It's in the dictionary, but I guess not.  Seems to have some support, though.

No luck on LB yesterday, even with my bedtime attempt.  I didn't see either of the schmofficial words.  Ciao_yall looked close.  Congrats on getting one today, cathwen! Hope that bodes well for the rest of us!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Twofer!

As for the second pangram, it was aaarrrgh!!!!

ab_grp, I'll PM you a hint, open message only if you're desperate.

ab_grp

Thank you, Langue_doc! I am very glad to have your hint if needed! Congrats on your 2fer!

ETA: Got a 2fer on my first try! Yahoo!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangrams; just need two or three more four-letter words. Last words yesterday were emcee and acne.

perfecting/goad

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QBwH and learned a new word minicab. LB perfecting-gonad, shortened to perfecting-goad.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QB yesterday with ambience as my last word.  I had not realized that there were two spellings!  Today I have a couple of words to go.

LB:  I had perfecting-go[n]ad, perfectioning-gad, and codifier-repainting.  No 2fer yet today!

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with pangram.  Yesterday I had suspected that the other pangram might be a variation of some sort of the first pangram (just because I could not see absolutely any other possibility) but couldn't figure out how to spell it, so Langue_doc's hint kept me going in the right direction rather than trying to hunt down other words! We almost made it to team QB again but needed help with cabana.  I also needed help with niacin, iambic, eminence, imminence (and ambience). 

For LB, I also had perfecting-goad, which seems to be the popular answer though not schmofficial! I didn't see either component of the schmofficial solution.  Congrats on all the 2fers (and multiples!)!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangrams and genius; that's probably it for today.

Last words were dino and land.

Couldn't find a mate for frenzied.

Happy solving!