News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langue_doc

Quote from: ab_grp on November 23, 2020, 03:14:26 PM
I still haven't figured out how to add an attachment in posts or PMs, but I haven't had time to look into it too carefully yet.  It says "Attachments and other options" under the reply window, but I don't see any way to add an attachment.  That option might have been turned off by admins, if it existed?

As for the pangram in today's bee, let me know if yount a hint (first letter or whatever).  It would be neat if we could change the font color (e.g., to white) so it could be invisible until highlighted.

Thanks, the first letter would be helpful.

I got sidetracked doing the crossword, which as usual was an easy one on Mondays.

I too  tried the "attachments" link, but nothing happened.

Langue_doc

Quote from: Langue_doc on November 23, 2020, 04:44:59 PM
Quote from: ab_grp on November 23, 2020, 03:14:26 PM
I still haven't figured out how to add an attachment in posts or PMs, but I haven't had time to look into it too carefully yet.  It says "Attachments and other options" under the reply window, but I don't see any way to add an attachment.  That option might have been turned off by admins, if it existed?

As for the pangram in today's bee, let me know if yount a hint (first letter or whatever).  It would be neat if we could change the font color (e.g., to white) so it could be invisible until highlighted.

Thanks, the first letter would be helpful.

I got sidetracked doing the crossword, which as usual was an easy one on Mondays.

I too  tried the "attachments" link, but nothing happened.

Found the pangram.

Parasaurolophus

I believe all attachments are off.
I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on November 23, 2020, 10:44:59 PM

Thanks! That's good to know.  Maybe there are other options for sharing docs. 

Sorry I didn't get back about the pangram first letter, but I'm glad you found it, Langue_doc! There are days when I get caught up in the crossword, too. 

I think I am about 6 points shy of QB today but am feeling tapped out.  Maybe I'll get a second or third wind.  If not, I'll try out the solver feature in that letter hive app and compare to what my program produces.  Maybe I'll also try out the code in that blog post I linked to.

ciao_yall

Letterboxed is free today!

Okay, won't see you all for a few days...

ciao_yall

Letterboxed - starting us off with a hard one. I can usually, after a few tries, at least solve it with 10-11 words but there is an oddly placed W, plus a J that is getting me stuck.

ciao_yall

Langue_doc

Quote from: ab_grp on November 24, 2020, 08:10:11 AM

Sorry I didn't get back about the pangram first letter, but I'm glad you found it, Langue_doc! There are days when I get caught up in the crossword, too. 

I think I am about 6 points shy of QB today but am feeling tapped out.  Maybe I'll get a second or third wind.  If not, I'll try out the solver feature in that letter hive app and compare to what my program produces.  Maybe I'll also try out the code in that blog post I linked to.

I made it to 183 points and then got stuck.

Quote from: ciao_yall on November 24, 2020, 09:15:55 AM
GOT IT IN 2 WORDS!

Congrats!

Langue_doc

Quote from: ciao_yall on November 23, 2020, 12:29:21 PM
Quote from: ab_grp on November 23, 2020, 10:02:11 AM
I got one pangram and 17 other things I think are words in the game posted by ciao_yall.  I'm not sure if they count, though.  It's hard when you can't shuffle letters or try answers.

If it can be found in the dictionary, it counts. We're on the honor system.

I'm at 23 right now.

Here are the words: chevron (pangram), cocoon, coherence, concern, conch, convene, corner, coroner, coven, crone, croon, crooner, encore, hence, heron, honcho, honor, honoree, neocon, nerve, never, nonce, recon, reconvene, reverence, veneer. If you found words not on this list, you are allowed to include them in your score.

ciao_yall

Quote from: Langue_doc on November 24, 2020, 11:01:41 AM
Quote from: ab_grp on November 24, 2020, 08:10:11 AM

I made it to 183 points and then got stuck.

Quote from: ciao_yall on November 24, 2020, 09:15:55 AM
GOT IT IN 2 WORDS!

Congrats!

Thank you. The C, J, and W are all used in odd ways.

nebo113

Is there any way to know if there is more than one pangram?

Langue_doc

I found only one. It's a slow and tedious puzzle today.

ciao_yall

Is this the one with an "I" in the middle? It took a word I thought would be a foreign word.

ciao_yall

Got Letterboxed in 2 already. Came slowly, then all of a sudden.

Well, now what am I gonna do the rest of the day?

OneMoreYear

Quote from: nebo113 on November 25, 2020, 04:44:38 AM
Is there any way to know if there is more than one pangram?

If you go to the Spelling bee answers page https://www.nytbee.com/ it will tell you how many pangrams and how many words. You have to click on the show answers link to actually see the answers, so the answers are not spoiled if you just want to know how many pangrams there are.