News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathwen

Finally got LB!  One 10 letter word, one 4 letter word.  I can see the 7&7 variation.  Now I can proceed with my day!

Langue_doc

I'm still looking for the seven letter words. Mine were 10 and 4 letters as well.

ciao_yall

Quote from: Langue_doc on December 05, 2020, 02:01:10 PM
I'm still looking for the seven letter words. Mine were 10 and 4 letters as well.

Different forms of the same words, if they are the same as mine.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: cathwen on December 05, 2020, 09:10:16 AM
I made genius today in SB, but was very annoyed that "hominin" was not accepted. 

Genius still eludes me today. It's a surprisingly difficult one. Still working on my pangram.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Quote from: ciao_yall on December 05, 2020, 05:33:22 PM
Quote from: Langue_doc on December 05, 2020, 02:01:10 PM

Different forms of the same words, if they are the same as mine.

Thanks for the hint--I found both words without much effort.

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on December 05, 2020, 06:48:21 PM
Quote from: cathwen on December 05, 2020, 09:10:16 AM
I made genius today in SB, but was very annoyed that "hominin" was not accepted. 

Genius still eludes me today. It's a surprisingly difficult one. Still working on my pangram.

There are two pangrams today, both variations on the same theme. Think sound. There was only one word that I didn't know, but got it by trying varying combinations of letters.

I made it to QB.

ab_grp

Looks like the two 7-letter words were the official solution in LB yesterday.  Or, at least, the ones I think ciao_yall initially came up with here.  Flavors and showing? And the 10 and 4 was flavorings and show?

Langue_doc

Yes, flavors and showing are the correct responses. Mine, as you correctly guessed, were flavorings and show.

Today's LB is more challenging the directions suggest finding five words.

I made it to slightly above genius in SB.

ETA: two words, 10 and 7 letters in LB.

ab_grp

Cool! I'll try LB a little later.  I got to about 30 points from QB.  Luckily, some similar letters to those of a recent puzzle, so I could remember some I got and some I didn't in that one.  Still a ways to go.  The crossword wasn't too hard, just long, as usual for a Sunday.  But that plus a long bee means a bunch of time on puzzles! Not complaining.

Parasaurolophus

Today's SB is rather similar to the one from a couple days ago. Unfortunately, I don't remember all my words from then. =p
I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

I just got a 7 and 7 solution in LB.  Off to try for the 10 and 7!

Langue_doc

Oooh! I'm going to try for the two sevens.

I've been distracted by tiles today. I find several of them to be rather boring, but like today's configuration. I have no idea what the patterns mean though.

ETA: found them; yours are much more intuitive and straightforward than mine.

ciao_yall

Quote from: ab_grp on December 06, 2020, 07:52:58 AM
Looks like the two 7-letter words were the official solution in LB yesterday.  Or, at least, the ones I think ciao_yall initially came up with here.  Flavors and showing? And the 10 and 4 was flavorings and show?

Yep, exactly.

ciao_yall

Are you finding today's LB, with both the X and the Z? I have found a 3-fer, but the 2-fer is way far away.

Great words are seen but darn letters on the same side makes it hard.

ab_grp

Quote from: ciao_yall on December 06, 2020, 10:21:50 AM
Are you finding today's LB, with both the X and the Z? I have found a 3-fer, but the 2-fer is way far away.

Yes, I got a 7 and 7, and Langue_doc got a 10 and 7, which I am still going to try to find.  I got lucky, in that the first word kind of popped out at me, and I realized I could use the remaining letters pretty easily.  Fortunately, I did not have to stress and worry or have too much heartache about it.  Good luck!

We made it to within one word of QB, but we never would have gotten the last one found in the answers.

ciao_yall

Quote from: ab_grp on December 06, 2020, 11:13:41 AM
Quote from: ciao_yall on December 06, 2020, 10:21:50 AM

Yes, I got a 7 and 7, and Langue_doc got a 10 and 7, which I am still going to try to find.  I got lucky, in that the first word kind of popped out at me, and I realized I could use the remaining letters pretty easily.  Fortunately, I did not have to stress and worry or have too much heartache about it.  Good luck!

We made it to within one word of QB, but we never would have gotten the last one found in the answers.

Got it! 10 and 7.

And the 7 and 7 - variation on the 10-letter word.