Author Topic: The Inhale Thread !  (Read 21342 times)

Langue_doc

• Flâneur par excellence
  • Distinguished Senior Member
  • "Not all those who wander are lost."
Re: The Inhale Thread !
« Reply #345 on: August 04, 2022, 06:37:34 PM »
EPW, congrats on your NEW toy.

apl68

« Reply #346 on: August 05, 2022, 07:27:27 AM »
Congratulations, EPW!  Right now successfully getting a good car is something to celebrate!
When the Son of Man judges, he will say to some, Come, blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you.
For I was hungry and you fed me, a stranger and you took me in, sick and in prison and you visited me. 
If you did this for the least of my brothers, you have done it for me

poiuy

« Reply #347 on: August 05, 2022, 10:17:05 AM »
Congratulations EPW! 
A new-to-you and reliable set of wheels is a great deal.
Care to share any details - make/model/year, and why you chose this one?
Edited to add: want to know the colour, interior, and whether you have something hanging from the rear view mirror too!
Enjoy it in good health!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 10:27:02 AM by poiuy »

Larimar

« Reply #348 on: August 05, 2022, 10:18:30 AM »
Congrats, EPW!

mamselle

• Use your wit and intelligence to figure out how to be kinder
  • Wondering, Wandering Sr. Member
  • CHE Posts: 4,618
« Reply #349 on: August 05, 2022, 10:19:48 AM »
Congratulations EPW! 
Enjoy it in good health!

Yees!

Details reveal--we want details!

;--}

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

poiuy

« Reply #350 on: August 05, 2022, 10:27:29 AM »
Congratulations EPW! 
Edited to add: want to know the colour, interior, and whether you have something hanging from the rear view mirror too!
Enjoy it in good health!

evil_physics_witchcraft

• Druidic harbinger of Nature's voice.
« Reply #351 on: August 05, 2022, 05:16:04 PM »
Thanks everyone! As I mentioned, I still have the old car because I want to fix it!!!

Anyway, the 'new' car is last year's model with about 10k miles on it (not too bad). Wasn't crazy expensive, but wasn't cheap. But, it needed to happen! I think it's cute! Not too fancy, smaller size sedan. Smooth ride, reliable and cute. Very cute.

Also, I've already loaded most of my crap into it! Nothing hanging from the mirror (well, just a parking tag).

Oh, it's silver!

paddington_bear

« Reply #352 on: August 06, 2022, 02:47:11 PM »
I don't know if this is an inhale, but I've already decided which campus meetings I'm not attending the week before classes start!! LOL!!  :)

AmLitHist

« Reply #353 on: August 07, 2022, 12:35:45 PM »
I don't know if this is an inhale, but I've already decided which campus meetings I'm not attending the week before classes start!! LOL!!  :)

I'll inhale along with you! I'm always happy to see the Service Week schedule, so I can see what I won't be going to! To be fair, I'll attend my dept. meeting, and I'll go to the "all divisions" and my liberal arts division meetings long enough to be seen before I have to slip out to take care of an important (imaginary) personal emergency.

evil_physics_witchcraft

« Reply #354 on: August 07, 2022, 01:16:31 PM »

Personally, I'd love to skip them all.

paddington_bear

« Reply #355 on: August 07, 2022, 05:21:21 PM »
None of the campus ones are mandatory, so the only one I'm going to is the department meeting. I don't think that's technically "mandatory" either. It'll be interesting to see how many people show up for it.

evil_physics_witchcraft

« Reply #356 on: August 07, 2022, 07:43:39 PM »
None of the campus ones are mandatory, so the only one I'm going to is the department meeting. I don't think that's technically "mandatory" either. It'll be interesting to see how many people show up for it.

Admins like to surprise us and give us less than a week's notice (like a couple days). Not looking forward to it.

AmLitHist

« Reply #357 on: August 08, 2022, 07:18:47 AM »
Our whole service week (fall and spring) is mandatory. If we don't show/aren't seen, we have to take a sick/personal leave day. I wouldn't mind as much if anything were actually accomplished that couldn't be easier (and better) done via email.

apl68

« Reply #358 on: August 08, 2022, 09:47:21 AM »
The family and church members back home held a surprise 79th birthday party for my mother on Saturday.  I only found out about it while home visiting them the weekend before, having swung by for the weekend after attending a professional conference.  Despite all the subterfuge, Dad still had to tell her about the surprise that morning to keep her from spending the whole day taking care of flower-watering and other business.  She was still surprised to see when they pulled up at the church that I had driven in for the afternoon.  My brother, who lives several states away, was unable to attend, but did call that day.

Although we didn't have a lot of people there, it was quite nice, and I got to see a couple of family members I hadn't seen in a good while.  Those who prepared the event made it a nice little occasion.  People really think a lot of Mom.  I've always been thankful for both of them.  It was well worth a five-and-a-half-hour round trip.
When the Son of Man judges, he will say to some, Come, blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you.
For I was hungry and you fed me, a stranger and you took me in, sick and in prison and you visited me. 
If you did this for the least of my brothers, you have done it for me

paultuttle

« Reply #359 on: August 08, 2022, 01:56:02 PM »
Thanks everyone! As I mentioned, I still have the old car because I want to fix it!!!

Anyway, the 'new' car is last year's model with about 10k miles on it (not too bad). Wasn't crazy expensive, but wasn't cheap. But, it needed to happen! I think it's cute! Not too fancy, smaller size sedan. Smooth ride, reliable and cute. Very cute.

Also, I've already loaded most of my crap into it! Nothing hanging from the mirror (well, just a parking tag).

Oh, it's silver!

Congratulations! May it serve well, and problem-free, for a good long time!