Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

The Inhale Thread !

Started by mamselle, June 14, 2019, 06:11:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langue_doc

EPW, congrats on your NEW toy.

apl68

Congratulations, EPW!  Right now successfully getting a good car is something to celebrate!
All we like sheep have gone astray
We have each turned to his own way
And the Lord has laid upon him the guilt of us all

poiuy

Congratulations EPW! 
A new-to-you and reliable set of wheels is a great deal.
Care to share any details - make/model/year, and why you chose this one?
Edited to add: want to know the colour, interior, and whether you have something hanging from the rear view mirror too!
Enjoy it in good health!

Larimar

mamselle

Quote from: poiuy on August 05, 2022, 10:17:05 AM
Congratulations EPW! 
Enjoy it in good health!

Yees!

Details reveal--we want details!

;--}

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

poiuy

Quote from: poiuy on August 05, 2022, 10:17:05 AM
Congratulations EPW! 
Edited to add: want to know the colour, interior, and whether you have something hanging from the rear view mirror too!
Enjoy it in good health!

evil_physics_witchcraft

Thanks everyone! As I mentioned, I still have the old car because I want to fix it!!!

Anyway, the 'new' car is last year's model with about 10k miles on it (not too bad). Wasn't crazy expensive, but wasn't cheap. But, it needed to happen! I think it's cute! Not too fancy, smaller size sedan. Smooth ride, reliable and cute. Very cute.

Also, I've already loaded most of my crap into it! Nothing hanging from the mirror (well, just a parking tag).

Oh, it's silver!

paddington_bear

I don't know if this is an inhale, but I've already decided which campus meetings I'm not attending the week before classes start!! LOL!!  :)

AmLitHist

Quote from: paddington_bear on August 06, 2022, 02:47:11 PM
I don't know if this is an inhale, but I've already decided which campus meetings I'm not attending the week before classes start!! LOL!!  :)

I'll inhale along with you! I'm always happy to see the Service Week schedule, so I can see what I won't be going to! To be fair, I'll attend my dept. meeting, and I'll go to the "all divisions" and my liberal arts division meetings long enough to be seen before I have to slip out to take care of an important (imaginary) personal emergency.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: paddington_bear on August 06, 2022, 02:47:11 PM

Personally, I'd love to skip them all.

paddington_bear

None of the campus ones are mandatory, so the only one I'm going to is the department meeting. I don't think that's technically "mandatory" either. It'll be interesting to see how many people show up for it.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: paddington_bear on August 07, 2022, 05:21:21 PM
None of the campus ones are mandatory, so the only one I'm going to is the department meeting. I don't think that's technically "mandatory" either. It'll be interesting to see how many people show up for it.

Admins like to surprise us and give us less than a week's notice (like a couple days). Not looking forward to it.

AmLitHist

Our whole service week (fall and spring) is mandatory. If we don't show/aren't seen, we have to take a sick/personal leave day. I wouldn't mind as much if anything were actually accomplished that couldn't be easier (and better) done via email.

apl68

The family and church members back home held a surprise 79th birthday party for my mother on Saturday.  I only found out about it while home visiting them the weekend before, having swung by for the weekend after attending a professional conference.  Despite all the subterfuge, Dad still had to tell her about the surprise that morning to keep her from spending the whole day taking care of flower-watering and other business.  She was still surprised to see when they pulled up at the church that I had driven in for the afternoon.  My brother, who lives several states away, was unable to attend, but did call that day.

Although we didn't have a lot of people there, it was quite nice, and I got to see a couple of family members I hadn't seen in a good while.  Those who prepared the event made it a nice little occasion.  People really think a lot of Mom.  I've always been thankful for both of them.  It was well worth a five-and-a-half-hour round trip.
All we like sheep have gone astray
We have each turned to his own way
And the Lord has laid upon him the guilt of us all

paultuttle

Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on August 05, 2022, 05:16:04 PM
Thanks everyone! As I mentioned, I still have the old car because I want to fix it!!!

Anyway, the 'new' car is last year's model with about 10k miles on it (not too bad). Wasn't crazy expensive, but wasn't cheap. But, it needed to happen! I think it's cute! Not too fancy, smaller size sedan. Smooth ride, reliable and cute. Very cute.

Also, I've already loaded most of my crap into it! Nothing hanging from the mirror (well, just a parking tag).

Oh, it's silver!

Congratulations! May it serve well, and problem-free, for a good long time!