News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What does Fuel Cost in your Neighborhood?

Started by clean, June 18, 2019, 11:43:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harlow2

Quote from: clean on July 17, 2022, 08:36:02 PM
Today, I ventured out to a curbside delivery and found gas to be $3.75.  Much better than earlier!  But as I have been Covid positive and isolating at home I have not burned much gas! 

Though my area is dealing with very high temps and the local electric company is threatening to black us out if we dont conserve, so Im tempted to fill the gas cans and prep the generator in case i need to power my own, emergency window AC  (because i would NOT have been a good pioneer, especially when i m sick!!)

Wow!  I paid 4.53 last night here though I could have driven 5 miles for 4.43.  3.75 seems like a dream.

clean

I had to retest for covid (inconclusive result).  On the trip home I noted gas prices ranged from $4.09 to as low as $3.59!!  (only at one store, though, so that is not a popular price, and may not last long!)

Are prices falling in your area?
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

evil_physics_witchcraft

Yesterday, I saw regular for $3.99 a gallon, which is the lowest I've seen in awhile.

hmaria1609

$4.15 when I went to Costco on the way home. $4.32 and up at the other gas stations.

Vkw10

Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

dismalist

That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

lightning

On a very recent trip where I stayed for several weeks:

4.19 in one part of the town, nearest to where I was staying
3.99 in another part closer to the busier part of the town
4.50 in another part
All of them within a 10-mile radius, all on the same day.

paultuttle

clean

Im now COVID Negative (After 3 weeks of positive results!) and Im now able to get out and do the little tasks that I ve not been able to do!  Today I got the car inspected and noted $3.49!!  down a dime in 2 days!!  26 cents in less than a week! 

I guess that my 3 weeks of lockdown left all of those stations with a big surplus

Harlow2

$4.37 here, down 0.43.  Feels like such a deal.

Langue_doc

apl68

Quote from: clean on July 22, 2022, 03:11:46 PM
Im now COVID Negative (After 3 weeks of positive results!) and Im now able to get out and do the little tasks that I ve not been able to do!  Today I got the car inspected and noted $3.49!!  down a dime in 2 days!!  26 cents in less than a week! 

I guess that my 3 weeks of lockdown left all of those stations with a big surplus

Do you feel like Rip Van Winkle waking up in a new world?
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

clean

QuoteDo you feel like Rip Van Winkle waking up in a new world?

I dont know... Did Rip's employer and family save up all of his chores for him to do and expect them to be completed quickly?  (Even the government!  My car inspection is due, and I wasnt able to do it early because I had to fly to Florida when my dad was hospitalized (and an uncle died), and after 3 weeks, there just isnt a lot of time left to get it done!  (It is done, and the other car is done too, and it isnt due til 9/1, so I am ahead on part of it!)

hmaria1609

$4.09 at Costco when I filled up earlier today.  $4.15 and up around town.

Langue_doc

$4.29.9 cash, $4.39.9 credit; didn't feel like going inside for the cash transaction, so used the card.