News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

First world problems! Share them here!

Started by ciao_yall, April 05, 2021, 09:46:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evil_physics_witchcraft

I ordered something off Amazon and, for some odd reason, they sent it to my parents. I checked the invoice and my address is listed as the address to deliver the items to- not my parents. Their address isn't even in my account as an option!

Anyone have a thought on what the hell happened?

ab_grp

Wow, EPW! That is weird, especially if their address isn't even one of the ship to addresses in your account.  I have seen some folks in my area posting on FB that their packages were delivered to their previous addresses.  It could have been their error, but now I wonder if something is going on with Amazon.  Definitely curious to hear what could have happened!

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: ab_grp on June 27, 2021, 02:10:37 PM
Wow, EPW! That is weird, especially if their address isn't even one of the ship to addresses in your account.  I have seen some folks in my area posting on FB that their packages were delivered to their previous addresses.  It could have been their error, but now I wonder if something is going on with Amazon.  Definitely curious to hear what could have happened!

It's very odd and I'm not happy because they're holding it for ransom until I go over there.

pgher

My kid got a new phone recently. They were just complaining that the emojis are different now and it's really throwing them off.

Langue_doc

Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on June 27, 2021, 07:49:00 PM
Quote from: ab_grp on June 27, 2021, 02:10:37 PM

It's very odd and I'm not happy because they're holding it for ransom until I go over there.

I would contact Amazon and ask for a refund. All you have to do is show them the address on the order information. Use chat, so that you have a paper trail.

the_geneticist

My garden hose has developed a few kinks where it will pinch shut if I pull on it too hard.  I have to walk to the pinched spot, straighten it out, and then keep watering.  I'm sure this adds at least 5 minutes to the 1 hour+ I'm spending watering the gardens in this heat.

mamselle

Poke holes at the pinched area and let some of the water go out there and water whatever's under it.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Economizer

Timely TV? Today, I was accidentally watching The Honorable Judge Hatchett as she adjudicated a dispute
between a divorced couple over His interference in a scholarship award matter. The matter involved the Dad, without his ex's permission, trying to improve on an already "offer" and creating a withdrawal of it. Hmmm.. if you missed it, well, it'll probably be on at some AM hour somewhere soon. Check your TV Guide, or whatever.

A new "Body of Law" may soon arise as such concerns arise. I won't reveal the verdict to yall, but I will say that the Judge raked that poor man over coals of Hades. But, one never can tell who wins the case simply by that (not that I watch much of that kind of programming).

So, I tried to straighten everything out and guess what I got for it.  No, really, just guess!

Wahoo Redux

Wheel on the lawnmower fell off.

Tried for 20 minutes to get help at Home Depot.  What a joke.

Ordered a new lawnmower from Amazon.

Now I have a huge cardboard box.
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

Wahoo Redux

Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on June 27, 2021, 01:51:01 PM
I ordered something off Amazon and, for some odd reason, they sent it to my parents. I checked the invoice and my address is listed as the address to deliver the items to- not my parents. Their address isn't even in my account as an option!

Anyone have a thought on what the hell happened?

We subscribed to a soup company on Amazon when there were rumors of food shortages.

We've had plenty of food.

I have tried three times to cancel the subscription.  The soup is very bland.

the_geneticist

Quote from: Wahoo Redux on July 02, 2021, 12:32:03 PM

Huge boxes are officially awesome!  Any kids in the neighborhood?  I have very fond memories of playing in a huge box when my parents bought a new refrigerator.

ab_grp

My husband took one of the huge cardboard boxes that some piece of furniture came in with him to pick up our huge order of barbecue this morning, thinking he could get some additional use out of it.  Instead, they had already packed the order into another huge box, so now we are further steeped in huge boxes.  But you can always use huge boxes to hold other (less huge) boxes.  ;-)

Wahoo Redux

Quote from: the_geneticist on July 02, 2021, 02:47:16 PM
Quote from: Wahoo Redux on July 02, 2021, 12:32:03 PM

Huge boxes are officially awesome!  Any kids in the neighborhood?  I have very fond memories of playing in a huge box when my parents bought a new refrigerator.

You can have ours.

ergative

My public library's Overdrive server, which usually allows me free, instant, digital access to audiobooks, so I can have fiction delivered to my ears without needing to step out of the house or even move my eyeballs, is down.

Morris Zapp

The grocery store near our summer house does not carry my preferred brand of sparkling water so I have to bring it from home. (My kids have labelled this the most first world problem ever).