News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

First world problems! Share them here!

Started by ciao_yall, April 05, 2021, 09:46:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Three flies are zipping around the (very, very large) volume of our living room and refusing to land on any surfaces. Argh!
I know it's a genus.

evil_physics_witchcraft

I 'need' to go to the bank, but I don't want to put on pants. I guess I really don't need to since I'll be in the drive thru. Hmm...

paultuttle

We just received recall notices for both of the cars in our household. Yes, on the same day.

mamselle

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 13, 2021, 04:24:48 PM
Three flies are zipping around the (very, very large) volume of our living room and refusing to land on any surfaces. Argh!

Almost any kind of spray (Windex, Febreeze, perfume, or Off!) will slow them down for swatting.

The droplets on their wings make flying harder, and they'll land to let it dry off.

Then....you get 'em.

SMACK!

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Anselm

The local NPR is having their pledge drive this week. I would rather spend time in the dentist chair than listen to this all week. 
I am Dr. Thunderdome and I run Bartertown.

Charlotte

Quote from: mamselle on July 15, 2021, 08:18:41 PM
Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 13, 2021, 04:24:48 PM

Almost any kind of spray (Windex, Febreeze, perfume, or Off!) will slow them down for swatting.

The droplets on their wings make flying harder, and they'll land to let it dry off.

Then....you get 'em.

SMACK!

M.

I recently had some gnats in my houseplants and purchased some sticky, yellow fly traps that you stick up in the soil. I found that they are great at attracting house flies too and I am loving having a fly free home. They come in different shapes so they aren't terrible looking either. Butterflies, cat faces, birds, etc. Just a tip for anyone else who might need something! I bought lots more to get me through the summer.

mamselle

Right, I forgot about those.

I have several of the old, unwindy kind hidden around the back of a bookcase here, the side of a stove hood there (don't want them visible, and you want to expose just a bit of the paper, then trim and re-hang for sightliness' sake, as well.)

But they do, indeed, work.

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

ciao_yall

I accidentally rearranged some of the apps on my home screen and now I can't find anything on my phone.

Well, I have to look for it. So that's mildly inconvenient.

ab_grp

I bought my husband a refill for his planner but accidentally ordered two.  However, they fit my planner as well, and it has not been updated since 2006.  Yay! So, I put the month-at-a-glance pages in but figured the page-per-day part might be a bit much detail for me, and I didn't really have room for a year and half worth of single pages.  I set them aside on top of the filing cabinet, where they promptly all fell on the floor in no particular order.  So, I guess I will pencil some time into my refreshed planner for tomorrow to attend to the task of sorting those hundreds of pages out.  If anyone heard an anguished cry a few minutes ago, that was me.  Clearly I am not a planner person, so maybe I'll just say to heck with that part or see if my husband wants an extra page per day and a fun sorting task.

apl68

I'm wearing a Polo shirt with a logo that looks kind of smudgy.  Now I'm worried that people will see it and think I've got a big food stain on my shirt.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

mamselle

Draw a paper alligator and pin it on as a joke? *

You could even have a "knit-shirt logo day" and have everyone join in, making up goofy logos to pin on their shirts or sweaters or whatever.

They'd never guess why...

;--}

M.

* I actually have a small ceramic Izod alligator that I got at a craft fair once, hence the idea...

apl68

I remember that many years ago during the vogue for coining "sniglets," somebody came up with "Izodium."  The word refers to an alligator convention.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

mamselle

Ha!

I once worked at a camp where there were more alligators on the shirts than there were in the water...

M.

Dismal

The bedroom TV, on which I only watch the TLC network (90 day fiance, my 600 pound life) is not working. What's going to happen to that little boy who just had the head surgery on Doubling Down with the Derricos?

Wahoo Redux

The in-laws forgot to water the poinsettia when we went to the west coast for two weeks.  The plant survived by some of the leaves have definitely shriveled. 

I feel victimized.
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.