News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

First world problems! Share them here!

Started by ciao_yall, April 05, 2021, 09:46:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

I keep taking pictures of the swans on my AM walks and now my phone's full again.

And every time I start downloading, I have to do more files and organize more other pictures, and...and....and........

Could be worse.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

evil_physics_witchcraft

I ordered furnace filters online to avoid going into the store and got an email that they are damaged and not deliverable. So, now I need to deal with customer service to get my damn filters. I should have just went into the store.

mamselle

Online photos feed
My manuscript addiction
Like a thin gruel.

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

paultuttle

The BMW and Pontiac G8 GXP--both rear-wheel-drive V8 sedans with a manual transmission--that I saved on a car sales website have both been sold.

The car market is moving too fast for someone who has to take quite a lot of time to convince his husband that his midlife-crisis car is a true financial need.

apl68

Quote from: paultuttle on August 04, 2021, 09:44:45 AM
The BMW and Pontiac G8 GXP--both rear-wheel-drive V8 sedans with a manual transmission--that I saved on a car sales website have both been sold.

The car market is moving too fast for someone who has to take quite a lot of time to convince his husband that his midlife-crisis car is a true financial need.

We've had some of the same issues trying to buy new computer equipment at the library.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

Langue_doc

Used cars are selling like the proverbial hotcakes. I keep getting emails and letters from the dealer for my 5-year old car.

apl68

Quote from: Langue_doc on August 04, 2021, 10:59:04 AM

Used cars are selling like the proverbial hotcakes. I keep getting emails and letters from the dealer for my 5-year old car.

I remember wanting to purchase a used small car some years back, at a time when they just weren't to be had.  Gas guzzlers had been selling so well during the previous years that there weren't a lot of smaller vehicles to be had.  Then an oil shock spiked fuel prices, and the little cars became a hot commodity.  I had to make do for several years with borderline junkers that were bigger than I wanted before finally getting a chance to buy a new small car at a good price. 

It's likely to take several years before the supply of used cars loosens up any.  Me?  I've given up on used cars.  I know that if you can get just the right one at just the right price you can save a lot of money without much loss of quality over a new one.  But so many people are chasing such deals that it has gotten very hard to find them now.  Most available used cars are already about used up.  I've spent enough of my life driving cars that I was afraid would leave me on the side of the road.  I'd rather buy a small new vehicle with its whole life ahead of it, get (hopefully) a decade's good use out of it, and then have money saved up to buy another new car.  If what I have now keeps doing well, and my next one does well, I hope to have to buy only two more vehicles in my life.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

secundem_artem

M3's and M5's are a dime a dozen.  G8's were never all that common seeing as they were made in Australia (re-badged Holdens).  That said, given the maintenance costs of any BMW out of warranty suggests a tolerance for outrageous repair bills or recent success in the Powerball or similar lottery.  Not sure how reliable the G8's are. 
Funeral by funeral, the academy advances

mamselle

My last car (a VW bug) died in 1984.

None since.

M.

paultuttle

Quote from: secundem_artem on August 04, 2021, 12:46:07 PM

M3's and M5's are a dime a dozen.  G8's were never all that common seeing as they were made in Australia (re-badged Holdens).  That said, given the maintenance costs of any BMW out of warranty suggests a tolerance for outrageous repair bills or recent success in the Powerball or similar lottery.  Not sure how reliable the G8's are.

I hear you. Yes, the BMWs I save on car sales sites are pretty much what I'd get if I won the lottery and didn't have to worry about repair costs. The G8 is a more attainable dream, considering it's a GM product with a Corvette engine and transmission.

But who knows? Maybe a Corvette convertible is in my future--again, if I can convince my husband that it's worth buying. I'd hate to be 95 and trying to buy one. I wouldn't be able to get in or out of it!

Wahoo Redux

I ate too much.

A true first world problem.
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

ab_grp

My good dental floss got knocked off the counter and rolled under it.  It now has a nice cover of lint clinging to its minty surface.

evil_physics_witchcraft

I ordered items from a different company to be delivered to my home and again they are delayed. I'm trying to stay out of stores, but this is getting really annoying, so I may just go to the store.

lightning

My SO paid of their fancy luxury car, and has been the one to pay almost all of the monthly payments. The title arrived, but even though we are co-owners, it lists my name on top and is addressed to me on the outside envelope.

The SO is going to be pissed.

apl68

Still caught in a game of phone tag that started yesterday afternoon.