News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

First world problems! Share them here!

Started by ciao_yall, April 05, 2021, 09:46:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FishProf

I go to a restaurant in the same plaza as Smolt's Karate studio.  On Tuesdays, she has private lessons followed by class so I have about 2 hours to work in the bar. 

FWP - The really wonderful Pumpkin Ale has been discontinued, and now is replaced by a merely very good one.

Sigh.
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

pgher

My youngest child is a sophomore in college. Somehow, somewhere, their name got on a list of high school seniors. Almost every day, I get emails inviting my student to apply to some college. I could unsubscribe from each one, but that wouldn't prevent the other hundreds of colleges from harassing me.

Anselm

I get annoyed while filling out forms and the space for my name and email address are too short to fit in the letters legibly. 
I am Dr. Thunderdome and I run Bartertown.

EdnaMode

I turned on my furnace this weekend to make sure it was functioning the way it should before it gets properly cold. Well, the attached humidifier is leaking and I can't figure out from where or why it is leaking so I turned it off, unplugged it, and called my HVAC people. They're going to send someone "after 12 noon" on Friday. So now I'll have to decide if I'll break my no work from home (unless we're on lockdown) rule and bring stuff to grade home on Friday afternoon, or just come in on the weekend to get caught up.
I never look back, darling. It distracts from the now.

ab_grp

Quote from: Anselm on October 24, 2021, 06:40:52 PM
I get annoyed while filling out forms and the space for my name and email address are too short to fit in the letters legibly.

Me too! And I am also frustrated by online forms that ask for my thoughts on such and such and only allow about 20 characters.  I have a lot more thoughts than that, people! Same with boxes asking for an explanation of "other" that only let you get about one word in.  Why bother asking if you don't want the explanation?

mamselle

Very close to the above:

Online news articles with seriously wrong information, and no way to send in a correction or comment.

They just don't want to know...

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

filologos

Quote from: ab_grp on October 25, 2021, 09:11:59 AM
Quote from: Anselm on October 24, 2021, 06:40:52 PM

Me too! And I am also frustrated by online forms that ask for my thoughts on such and such and only allow about 20 characters.  I have a lot more thoughts than that, people! Same with boxes asking for an explanation of "other" that only let you get about one word in.  Why bother asking if you don't want the explanation?

Similarly: forms that tell you your entry is invalid as soon as you start typing. For example: the form asks for a phone number. I type the first digit of my phone number. The form says my entry is invalid. Can't it at least wait until I leave that particular field and start typing somewhere else!? To type any complete phone number, one must type its constituent parts!

secundem_artem

Quote from: pgher on October 24, 2021, 06:33:35 AM
My youngest child is a sophomore in college. Somehow, somewhere, their name got on a list of high school seniors. Almost every day, I get emails inviting my student to apply to some college. I could unsubscribe from each one, but that wouldn't prevent the other hundreds of colleges from harassing me.

So you take all the self-addressed, stamped postcards they include, tape 'em to a brick & toss 'em the mail
Funeral by funeral, the academy advances

evil_physics_witchcraft

Woke up to a flat tire. Apparently I ran over a roofing nail somewhere. Sigh...

hmaria1609

Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on November 04, 2021, 08:13:25 AM
Ugh! Not a great way to start your morning commute.

Last month, I ran over a screw driving home on the interstate, and the tire pressure light came on. Fortunately Costco was still open so I stopped there on my way home.

apl68

Went grocery shopping this afternoon and could only find the 2% low-fat milk.  It's not as good as the whole milk.  At least we HAD milk.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

Larimar

Ran the dishwasher yesterday, and my coffee mugs didn't get clean. Everything else was fine, but my coffee mugs were still badly stained. It's the second time this has happened. Weird. I started washing the mugs by hand last night, but it was getting late. Still need to wash the last two today. Make that three, counting the one I'm drinking from now.

Larimar

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: hmaria1609 on November 04, 2021, 01:13:27 PM
Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on November 04, 2021, 08:13:25 AM
Ugh! Not a great way to start your morning commute.

Last month, I ran over a screw driving home on the interstate, and the tire pressure light came on. Fortunately Costco was still open so I stopped there on my way home.

Yep. I have a warranty for the tires, so I plan to bring it in today and see what they will do. I used SO's car yesterday since it was such a time crunch.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: Larimar on November 05, 2021, 05:42:14 AM
Ran the dishwasher yesterday, and my coffee mugs didn't get clean. Everything else was fine, but my coffee mugs were still badly stained. It's the second time this has happened. Weird. I started washing the mugs by hand last night, but it was getting late. Still need to wash the last two today. Make that three, counting the one I'm drinking from now.

Larimar

Maybe there are micro scratches on the mugs? I use a 'magic' eraser, which probably scuffs the surface more, but does remove stains.

mamselle

If it's the caffeine stains on the inside, my aunt taught us to use table salt.*

Scrub with it as you would a scouring powder, rinse, let it sit filled with water, and do that all again.

Usually brightens the inside by one or two orders of luminosity.

M. 

*I've heard Cream of Tartar might work, also, but have never tried it. I use the salt thing all the time for my teacups.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.