News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

First world problems! Share them here!

Started by ciao_yall, April 05, 2021, 09:46:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larimar

Thanks, epw and mamselle. I'll start trying these things and see what works.

FishProf

Bleach will take the stains out.  Let 'em soak
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

Langue_doc

Baking soda--sprinkle on a sponge and scrub the inside of the cups before putting them in the dishwasher.

Larimar

Thanks, FishProf and Langue_doc. Sounds like this'll be a first world problem not repeated.

Harlow2

Thought I was buying work socks at the usual store and when I opened the package at home I saw I had something that looks like spats (no toe).  Weird, and not workable. 

mamselle

Sounds like modern dance socks, or for use with flip-flops.

Interesting...

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Wahoo Redux

Socks!?  SOCKS!?

I taught my morning class on Friday with a sock hanging out of my back pocket.

I could only find one sock upstairs, so I went down to the basement where the washing machine and dryer are to get another one.  On returning to the first floor I could not find the sock I'd found upstairs, so I went back down and got another sock.  I put on those socks, put on my shoes, and went to campus. 

Of course, I'd put the sock I'd found upstairs in my back pocket, left it hanging out so that I would feel it flopping about and not forget it, forgot about it, and taught class that way.

I discovered the sock in my back pocket when I got home.

I do not want to hear about socks right now...
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

mamselle

Your students probably just thought it was humanely amusing.

Or else that you had an interesting handkerchief dangling from your pocket....

;--}

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

secundem_artem

I had a colleague teach an entire class with his fly open.  He was known as Zippy until that cohort of students had graduated
Funeral by funeral, the academy advances

mythbuster

I live in a gated neighborhood. Not really by choice, they are just unavoidable in this city once you get to a certain price point. Of late, the staff at the gate have had a lot of turnover, and so the guest lane to enter is getting backed up.
   On today's entry of the neighborhood Facebook feed, someone is whinging about the driver of their UberEats delivery being denied entry because the driver lacked any form of photo ID! His solution is to just let in anyone who claims to be making a delivery without an ID check because he doesn't like cold pizza!

I'm no sure it gets more 1st world than that.

Parasaurolophus

First ferry was quite late, which meamt I missed the last ferry home so now I'm sleeping in the car sans hatchling (for the first time). Ugh.
I know it's a genus.

ergative

I signed up for Scribd to get the audiobooks, and one of the audiobooks starts on Chapter 2, instead of Chapter 1.

mamselle

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on November 13, 2021, 10:27:30 PM
First ferry was quite late, which meamt I missed the last ferry home so now I'm sleeping in the car sans hatchling (for the first time). Ugh.

So, you usually sleep in the car with the hatchling?

How does that work??

:--》

M.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: mamselle on November 14, 2021, 07:01:43 AM
Quote from: Parasaurolophus on November 13, 2021, 10:27:30 PM

So, you usually sleep in the car with the hatchling?

How does that work??

:--》

M.

Hehe. Uncomfortably?
I know it's a genus.

Wahoo Redux

Quote from: secundem_artem on November 08, 2021, 07:59:04 AM
I had a colleague teach an entire class with his fly open.  He was known as Zippy until that cohort of students had graduated

This is transmutation into a real problem!
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.