News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

First world problems! Share them here!

Started by ciao_yall, April 05, 2021, 09:46:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

namazu

The place from which I'm trying to order a steak dinner for my parents' anniversary takes online orders, but doesn't allow any special requests (e.g. hold the wasabi, substitute creamy herb dressing for the ranch), so I might have to actually pick up the phone to order.  Hmph!

Juvenal

Quote from: ohnoes on April 06, 2021, 06:43:58 AM
My local grocery store doesn't always have fat free half and half.  I won't even ask about it because a) it's such a first world problem and 2) pandemic.

In the privacy of my home (and now the Internet), there are Coffee Lamentations.

Half and half, of what, I sometimes think, when I go and get "heavy whipping cream" for my coffee."  Mmm.  Half of what and what?  Yes!  Water and casein?  Skim milk and palm oil?  Who speaks for the effort of the cows?  Let me ruminate on that.
Cranky septuagenarian

namazu

Quote from: namazu on February 19, 2022, 01:06:46 PM
The place from which I'm trying to order a steak dinner for my parents' anniversary takes online orders, but doesn't allow any special requests (e.g. hold the wasabi, substitute creamy herb dressing for the ranch), so I might have to actually pick up the phone to order.  Hmph!
It got worse!  I called, only to find out that they're not doing curbside pickup today "due to shortages in the kitchen" so I was forced to order from the local sushi place instead!

Wahoo Redux

My IKEA office chair has gotten worse. The gas cylinder simply and immediately deflates. I have put a pillow on the seat, and I have achieved the necessary height.  But it is not as comfortable as it used to be.
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

Aster

I ordered a margarita pizza at an italian pizza restaurant.

They made me a cheese pizza.

mamselle

In some areas, the pizza places are not run by Italians, but by, say, Greeks, Lebanese, Moroccans, or Brazilians.

So they might actually not have known what you meant.

Doesn't mean they shouldn't, of course, but it could be why.

I always enjoyed speaking French to the Moroccans at the place I used to go to on the way home from my last students, but it felt odd, at first, that they weren't yelling in Italian at each other.   

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

the_geneticist

Maybe the kitchen was out of fresh tomatoes and fresh basil?

ab_grp

Quote from: Aster on February 22, 2022, 10:04:23 AM

This would make me sad.  I'm sorry.  If it's on the menu, they should know how to make it.  If they are out of the distinguishing ingredients, they should tell you.  This is a classic and simple pizza, so I am curious about what is up with that. 

ciao_yall

The grapes my husband bought at Whole Foods are a little too big so I have to cut them in half to serve over my yogurt.

apl68

Our town once again can't get its garbage truck running this morning.  So, once again, they're collecting trash on a flatbed truck with an open stake body.  It does the job more or less--but it also leaves a trail of stray trash that outdoes any half-dozen ordinary drive-by litterbugs.
All we like sheep have gone astray
We have each turned to his own way
And the Lord has laid upon him the guilt of us all

ohnoes

Quote from: ciao_yall on February 24, 2022, 06:50:10 AM
The grapes my husband bought at Whole Foods are a little too big so I have to cut them in half to serve over my yogurt.

My local grocer was out of my regular frozen blueberries, so I substituted the blueberry/strawberry/mango blend.  The mangoes are too large to put in my oatmeal, so I have to pick them out and eat them separately.

the_geneticist

The grocery store is out of the cat kibble with the heart-shaped bits.  Our cats will have to eat just the other flavor of kibble and not have 2 types in the bowl.

smallcleanrat

Quote from: the_geneticist on February 24, 2022, 11:47:58 AM
The grocery store is out of the cat kibble with the heart-shaped bits.  Our cats will have to eat just the other flavor of kibble and not have 2 types in the bowl.

Poor Lady Jane!

Anselm

Maybe the regular kitchen staff were away getting training in Italy, just like the Olive Garden cooks.
I am Dr. Thunderdome and I run Bartertown.

Aster

Quote from: Anselm on February 24, 2022, 12:48:38 PM

Maybe the regular kitchen staff were away getting training in Italy, just like the Olive Garden cooks.

Ew, Olive Garden. All the ones in my area smell like diapers when I walk in.