Movie Thread

Started by overthejordan, May 17, 2019, 11:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaysixteen

Anyone actually see Rambo yet?

statsgeek

hmaria1609

Quote from: ab_grp on September 20, 2019, 07:14:01 PM
I watched the first four seasons of the show and loved it for the most part but tailed off.  Initially, I think it was just supposed to be the first couple episodes, and that's it.  I thought they were great episodes with a good finish.  Then they rolled out season two, which was pretty good! But, eventually I just did not get into it as much, although there are many excellent characters.  I read a "refresher" after the final season (6?) today and would love to know if the movie does it justice! Please let us know what you think when you've seen it.
Last Sunday, I saw the movie and enjoyed it.  The audience clapped as the credits rolled at the end. It was good to see where the Crawleys and their servants were in their lives a year after the 6th and final season.  The overhead shots of Highclere Castle were impressive on the big screen!

I've been to Highclere Castle, Alnwick Castle, Bampton, and Lacock so it was lovely seeing these places on screen.

John Lunn, who composed the soundtrack for the series, was back to score music for the movie. He has a bit role in the movie, playing piano in an illicit bar during Thomas's night out.

clean

AhNahld 'the Governator' is back on the big screen this weekend!
Anyone going to see the newest Terminator?

Will you catch one of the Halloween shows before the seasons change to Christmas?
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

saffie

I don't think I'll get to Terminator this week, but probably will see JoJo Rabbit or Harriet. I'm looking forward to Knives Out in between now and Christmas. 

clean

Zombieland left my preferred theater yesterday before I could see it. (there was a 515 showing yesterday, but I didn't even see the schedule until 530!)

Midway is on my wish list for now, as is The Teminator .

What are you wanting to see this week?

Hegemony

Aiming for Jojo Rabbit and Greener Grass.  Boy, there are a lot of bad, depressing, shoot-em-up movies out there right now.

clean

We made it to Terminator.  My girlfriend wasnt interested in Midway 

fourhats

I'm going to see Harriet tomorrow.

mamselle

Having seen the JoJoRabbit previews, I'm bothered about something that makes light (even with strong overtones) of Hitler.

I somehow miss there being any shred of humor in that historical situation, or any value in making up something about it.

Even exorcism by ridicule seems too good for it.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Anselm

A few weeks ago I saw Joker.  It was the 2nd visit to the local theater in 12 years.  I tend to be picky with movies.  We normally get the family friendly B movies.  This did not disappoint me.   I am glad to see it do well at the box office.  Hopefully Hollywood will learn some lessons from this.
I am Dr. Thunderdome and I run Bartertown.

Anselm

Quote from: mamselle on November 09, 2019, 09:56:44 AM
Having seen the JoJoRabbit previews, I'm bothered about something that makes light (even with strong overtones) of Hitler.

I somehow miss there being any shred of humor in that historical situation, or any value in making up something about it.

Even exorcism by ridicule seems too good for it.

M.

What were your thoughts on The Producers from Mel Brooks? 

mamselle

I didn't see that, or see trailers for it, so I can't say.

What did you think of it?

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Anselm

Quote from: mamselle on November 09, 2019, 10:05:09 AM
I didn't see that, or see trailers for it, so I can't say.

What did you think of it?

M.

I found it lame and not funny and I always liked his other movies.  I did not see the remake from 2006.

clean

I believe that this weekend marks the opening of Mr. Rogers AND Frozen II. 

Tonight's Frozen showing (first one anyway) is pretty much sold out.
The second show (is about 1/2)

Mr. Rogers is about 1/2 sold out for the 8 something show, but the 10 something show has plenty of seats.

Will you be watching either of these this weekend?