News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

long time, no see!

Started by pepsi_alum, January 06, 2022, 08:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pepsi_alum

Hi, All!

I know I haven't posted here in a long time (August 29 of last year was my most recent post, according the post history here), but I just thought I'd say "hi" and that I hope everyone's doing well. Fall 2021 was the weirdest semester of my career. In some ways it felt harder than the initial COVID crisis in Spring 2020 did. In spite of the various pandemic-related challenges we're all facing, I'm otherwise thriving in my career. My current university is a great fit fo me in terms of both teaching expectations and overall philosophy; it's a much better fit than the Previous University I left at the end of Spring 2019. I don't think I would still be in academia if I had stayed at Previous U.

Anyhow, I hope you all are well -- or at least doing the best you can given the circumstances. Be well!

--Pepsi

mamselle

Great to see your moniker, and that your surfboard is (mostly) floating upright, with no (few) sharks nipping at your toes.

Stick around for a bit this time, will you?

Please?

;--》

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Harlow2

Always found your posts interesting and was wondering last week how thing were going. Hope you'll continue to posts!

aside

Welcome back!  I was in and out for much of the same period.  I think you'll find little has changed, though at least one highly prominent poster has not been active lately.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Hegemony

Hi, Pepsi! Great news about your current university. We need all the pluses we can get in these crazy times. Glad to see you back!

traductio

Glad to see you back -- you were always one of my favorite posters on the Chronicle's Forums. I'm glad your university is a good fit -- I remember your stories of your old place. Speaking as someone who went from a challenging place to a place I really like, I can say I know how much of a relief it can be.