News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

PSA: Moderation & Reporting

Started by eigen, January 11, 2022, 12:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eigen

Hi all:

Just a PSA, but please give context in your reports if you submit one.

I certainly don't keep up with every thread every day. I also can't read minds about what you meant to report.

There's a box that encompasses the reason you're reporting something, and giving a fleshed out explanation there helps, quite a bit.

Also recall that the membership has overwhelmingly been against moderator "censorship", and I personally am not willing to go against the wishes of the board in how I moderate things.

As a reminder, the board rules are here (https://thefora.org/index.php?topic=4.0) along with the discussion. If you feel that we need additional rules, as many of you do, I highly encourage (and support) you in making a new post or re-kindle the discussion there.

After being called a "tyrannical censoring dictator" the last time I tried to suggest such things, I'm quite unwilling to start the discussion again.

Alternatively, I highly encourage users to make use of the "ignore user" feature, as that tends to resolve a lot of interpersonal friction.

Welcome to 2022!
Quote from: Caracal
Actually reading posts before responding to them seems to be a problem for a number of people on here...