Author Topic: Dog to English Translator  (Read 15155 times)

mamselle

• Use your wit and intelligence to figure out how to be kinder
  • Distinguished Senior Member
  • Wondering, Wandering Sr. Member
  • CHE Posts: 4,618
Re: Dog to English Translator
« Reply #180 on: September 19, 2022, 01:12:42 PM »
Oh, no, very sorry to here of your loss.

Even with a new puppy for distraction, the mourning will take time; it's good that you both cared about the older dog and saw them out to the end of their life with compassion.

All good thoughts.

M. 
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

apl68

« Reply #181 on: September 19, 2022, 01:14:27 PM »
Artem Dog crossed the rainbow bridge a few days ago.  He'd been off his feed for a few weeks, but the vet could not find anything wrong.  He suddenly started breathing (not panting) ~ 70 times a minute.  We went straight to the doggie ER.  After a long wait, it turned out he had gone into acute cardiac failure.  They tried to diurese him to reduce pulmonary edema, but it seemed his mitral valve had completely failed.  He died in only a few hours.

Mrs Artem is miserable when we don't have a dog, so we got Artem Pup only a few days later.  Between still deeply mourning an excellent dog and trying to get used to having a new puppy underfoot who bites everything, and is still a bit young for much training, emotions at La Casa del Artem are largely mixed, confusing, and running high.

I do hope time heals all wounds.

Sorry to hear that.  I remember the sad story of Artem Dog's attack at the jaws of a brutal neighbor dog awhile back.  For what it's worth, our family has found over the years that it's best to not wait a very long time to get a new dog into the house.  A new canine family member can be a real consolation.
The poor are blessed, for the kingdom of God is theirs.
Those who hunger now are blessed, for they will be filled.
Those who weep now are blessed, for they will laugh.
Those persecuted and accused of evil for the Son of Man's sake are blessed, and will rejoice and leap for joy.

Harlow2

« Reply #182 on: September 20, 2022, 02:04:42 PM »
Artem Dog crossed the rainbow bridge a few days ago.  He'd been off his feed for a few weeks, but the vet could not find anything wrong.  He suddenly started breathing (not panting) ~ 70 times a minute.  We went straight to the doggie ER.  After a long wait, it turned out he had gone into acute cardiac failure.  They tried to diurese him to reduce pulmonary edema, but it seemed his mitral valve had completely failed.  He died in only a few hours.

Mrs Artem is miserable when we don't have a dog, so we got Artem Pup only a few days later.  Between still deeply mourning an excellent dog and trying to get used to having a new puppy underfoot who bites everything, and is still a bit young for much training, emotions at La Casa del Artem are largely mixed, confusing, and running high.

I’m so sorry; so dreadfully hard to lose them. What kind of pup is the New Guy?

Morden

« Reply #183 on: September 20, 2022, 08:58:59 PM »

I'm so sorry for your loss.

nebo113

« Reply #184 on: September 21, 2022, 06:04:37 AM »
I do so understand Mrs. Artem.  I had to wait a bit longer than a few days (circumstances) but was then adopted by a shelter canine, as the little doggy that had gone over the rainbow bridge knew I needed a canine and so sent one to me.  Hugs to all three of you.