News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Trivial Irrelevant Aggravations

Started by sprout, October 03, 2019, 12:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on December 01, 2021, 06:37:45 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I may have to try the horse urine idea, Fishprof! :)

I just want to know who the first person was to try it.

FishProf

Quote from: ciao_yall on December 01, 2021, 07:18:24 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I may have to try the horse urine idea, Fishprof! :)

Hint:  In this case Fresh isn't better.

I suspect the first to try it, was just walking in it.  (As a foot balm, not a lip ointment)
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

evil_physics_witchcraft

I hope you all know that I was kidding about the horse urine comment. ;)

ciao_yall

Quote from: FishProf on December 02, 2021, 04:25:28 AM
Quote from: ciao_yall on December 01, 2021, 07:18:24 PM

Hint:  In this case Fresh isn't better.

I suspect the first to try it, was just walking in it.  (As a foot balm, not a lip ointment)

"Wow. Look how nice my left foot looks compared to my right foot!"

Morden

It's the same principle as urea cream (which really helps on cracked heels, by the way).

Langue_doc

Forumites, it's TMI. I've been visualizing some of you, containers in hand, appropriately positioned behind a horse, waiting for you-know-what.

mamselle

For the bodily by-product under discussion, I'm thinking you'll want to be under the horse...

Behind it will get you something else...

Just to be anatomically accurate...

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

AmLitHist

Another addition to the dry skin remedies (though those with eczema might want to check--I seem to remember reading that this can make the eczema worse:  diaper cream with vitamins A & D ("A&D Ointment" for the brand name, but the cheap no-brand stuff from Aldi's or the dollar store also works).  It's the only thing that has any effect on my dry feet since I've had diabetes. 

The only problem with the A&D is that it reeks, and it might stain clothes.  I always have ALHS save the slipper socks he gets from any hospital procedure; after I slather my feet with the ointment, I put on an old pair of thick white socks, and then the heavy slipper socks over those, and go to bed.  By morning, it's amazing how soft the skin is. (I launder the socks in hot water and OxyWhite, but it does still stain the white socks, so be aware before using.)

paultuttle

Various small insects are trying to get into our house to stay for the winter--spiders, moths, and such. We've had to put those glue boards around the kitchen, living room, and entrances.

Larimar

Went shopping with a friend yesterday. While we were waiting in line, there was a kid nearby standing with his mother (at least I assume that's who she was) and playing some game or other on his phone. It kept making noises of varying lengths and at random intervals that sounded just like an electronic version of a cat screaming bloody murder! It was really loud, too. It was a long wait, and crazy cat lady that I am, I couldn't stand to keep hearing this over and over. Luckily, soon after I quietly told my friend I had to get away from the noise, the kid's mom pulled him out of the store. I have no idea what the game was, but I hope I never hear it again.

Harlow2

All of my Allen wrenches are missing, and I need one to remove a metal support on a table loom I just brought down from the attic. I know I didn't throw them away, but where did they go? 

mamselle

Quote from: Harlow2 on December 06, 2021, 06:53:55 PM
All of my Allen wrenches are missing, and I need one to remove a metal support on a table loom I just brought down from the attic. I know I didn't throw them away, but where did they go?

Hmm...

Any kids with Ikea stuff, or BOSE tweeters, ot a motorcycle that might have borrowed them...??

;--》

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

FishProf

Quote from: Harlow2 on December 06, 2021, 06:53:55 PM

Since the dawn of time, some human artifacts, most notable socks and Allen wrenches, have been known to disappear as if into the ether....

We wave the makings of a student paper here.
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

sinenomine

The pre-sliced bagels I bought the other day are not sliced evenly, so one side gets over-toasted and the other side under-toasted, dang it!
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

ergative

My vegetable box always gives too many potatoes. I can't eat that many potatoes, Bellfield farms!