News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Trivial Irrelevant Aggravations

Started by sprout, October 03, 2019, 12:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larimar

Mine too, on my fingertips and knuckles. I just hope the steroid ointment works before I have to stop using it. Dratted eczema!

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: Larimar on November 30, 2021, 04:47:08 PM
Mine too, on my fingertips and knuckles. I just hope the steroid ointment works before I have to stop using it. Dratted eczema!

Yeah, I have some of that too. I also have a cocoa butter stick- smells great and I think it helps (a little).

Puget

Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on November 30, 2021, 07:02:48 PM
Quote from: Larimar on November 30, 2021, 04:47:08 PM

Yeah, I have some of that too. I also have a cocoa butter stick- smells great and I think it helps (a little).

Corn Huskers Lotion. It's the opposite of natural, but the stuff works.
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

mamselle

Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

apl68

Quote from: mamselle on November 30, 2021, 07:34:23 PM
Vicks, or baby oil.

M.

Rubbing Vicks on our hands to kill the cement on our skin was the last thing we did each evening after finishing up a day's work laying bricks with my dad.  It definitely seemed to help.

Hope the eczema gets better, EPW and Larimar.  It's no fun.  I've got a tiny bit of it on my right hand now. 
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

Langue_doc

Another vote for Vicks. Cotton socks and gloves (EPW, I know you can't stand gloves, but try the thin cotton ones) will protect your sheets from the Vicks.

FishProf

As a former gymnast, I've tried most of these remedies.

These work: Bag Balm, Corn Huskers Lotion, Working Hands/Feet, or Flexitol Heel Balm (with Horse Urine!!)
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

mamselle

Quote from: FishProf on December 01, 2021, 09:27:23 AM

These work: Bag Balm, Corn Huskers Lotion, Working Hands/Feet, or Flexitol Heel Balm (with Horse Urine!!)

Ah.

Is this you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etG-u27CrRw

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRgCns6MfMk

;-->

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

FishProf

Quote from: mamselle on December 01, 2021, 09:31:45 AM
Quote from: FishProf on December 01, 2021, 09:27:23 AM

Ah.

Is this you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etG-u27CrRw

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRgCns6MfMk

;-->

M.

Definitely Not

mamselle

FishProf

But I know him from regional workshops and clinics. 

mamselle

Quote from: FishProf on December 01, 2021, 09:56:45 AM
But I know him from regional workshops and clinics.

I'm very impressed by him, actually.

As with clowning, it's harder to do something wrong and make it look funny than it is to do something right.

One of the pairs in our OSU Skate Club used to do stuff like that.

M.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Thanks for the suggestions. I may have to try the horse urine idea, Fishprof! :)

secundem_artem

Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on December 01, 2021, 06:37:45 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I may have to try the horse urine idea, Fishprof! :)

You can also use it for chapped lips.  Doesn't help the chapped lips, but it stops you from licking them!

I'll see myself out.
Funeral by funeral, the academy advances

Wahoo Redux

My hands remind me of a snake in the process of shedding its skin.  They are turning into old leather work gloves.  You could light a match off my split knuckles.

The hand sanitizer on campus that I am addicted to does not help.
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.