Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

The Venting Thread

Started by polly_mer, May 20, 2019, 07:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

Quote from: mamselle on August 04, 2022, 09:14:28 AM
Aright!

Yes, people with little global experience just assume that everyone else does things "like we do," and that warnings to the contrary are either unnecessarily hypervigilant or a form of showing off, or both.

Maddening.

I hope the docs can get sorted ASAP.

M.

That was supposed to read "Arrgh."

I'm sick and tired of auto-corrupt's pretensions and presumptions.

Many condolences.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

ergative

Update: My aunt, and my aunt's lawyer, are now involved. I'm old enough that I should be past the age when I breathe a little more freely once grown-ups get involved, but my aunt is a very, very grown-up grownup, with a legal degree and everything.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: ergative on August 05, 2022, 04:51:23 AM
Update: My aunt, and my aunt's lawyer, are now involved. I'm old enough that I should be past the age when I breathe a little more freely once grown-ups get involved, but my aunt is a very, very grown-up grownup, with a legal degree and everything.

Sounds like the shit's hitting the fan. Good luck.

Puget

Quote from: ergative on August 05, 2022, 04:51:23 AM

That's good-- "My attorney" tends to be a magic phrase when it comes to getting people to do their f-ing jobs.

Best of luck! Closings are stressful in the best of times, and I also got to experience the joys of my mortgage bank royally screwing things up in a variety of highly incompetent and lazy ways, so I sympathize. The good news is no one actually wants a sale to fall through-- not the lender ($) and not the seller ($$). So things have a way of working out in the end, even if you feel like you are losing months off your life in the process.
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

apl68

Quote from: mamselle on August 04, 2022, 01:33:59 PM
Quote from: mamselle on August 04, 2022, 09:14:28 AM
Aright!

Yes, people with little global experience just assume that everyone else does things "like we do," and that warnings to the contrary are either unnecessarily hypervigilant or a form of showing off, or both.

Maddening.

I hope the docs can get sorted ASAP.

M.

That was supposed to read "Arrgh."

I'm sick and tired of auto-corrupt's pretensions and presumptions.

Many condolences.

M.

You could always give an unambiguous Charles Schulz-style "AAAUUUGGGHHH!!!"

Anyway, sorry you've run into this snag, ergative.  Hope it can be resolved soon.
All we like sheep have gone astray
We have each turned to his own way
And the Lord has laid upon him the guilt of us all

onehappyunicorn

I have no idea how a class could show up in the system but not exist in blackboard, how on earth did that happen? Students are registering for it so figure that one out for me IT. The instructor reached out this morning in a slight panic because they were staffed a week ago and the course had not shown up for them yet...

AmLitHist

My (extremely compromised, 70+) sister tested positive for Covid on Thursday afternoon.  Her dimwitted son called the doctor, who "couldn't get her in until after he was done with patients on Monday," and who wouldn't prescribe Paxlovid before seeing her.  Um, no.  I explained to my nephew that he could either call back and get the Rx (and not give up until he'd done so, even if he had to get it from a doc-in-a-box), or he could give me the doctor's number so I could let him know that I would drive up myself (from StL to Chicago) overnight and bring my sister to sit in the waiting room, unmasked, until she could be seen.

I've been checking in daily, and amazingly, she'd taken the first antiviral dose before I texted her Friday morning.

Arguing with doctors is bad enough.  I'm not playing with idiot family on top of it.  SMDH.

(She seems to be doing relatively OK, though the cough has developed. No fever or breathing problems, though--fingers crossed.)

clean

Quoteand who wouldn't prescribe Paxlovid before seeing her.

Paxlovid is not the only antiviral choice. It also has some bad side effects for some.  Personally, i was given a different antiviral because of another health issue.  Paxlovid would have potentially caused liver issues and interfered with other drugs that I need to take.

So a doctor that doesnt phone in a drug without checking that it is right for you isnt a bad thing! 
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

lightning

Stop it, please. It's a really long meeting. It's not a retreat.

ergative

Paperwork has been sent to the compliance team to review. If they get back by 2pm this afternoon, we can transfer the funds on the original schedule. But I'm not hopeful.

Absolutive and I are researching the processes for drafting formal complaints against the law firm.

apl68

Quote from: lightning on August 08, 2022, 02:47:23 AM
Stop it, please. It's a really long meeting. It's not a retreat.

That's a good description of the professional meeting I attended the week before last.  But it was far enough away to involve an overnight trip from home.  For those of us who spend all our time with no professional colleagues face-to-face, that feels like a retreat!
All we like sheep have gone astray
We have each turned to his own way
And the Lord has laid upon him the guilt of us all

ergative

Quote from: ergative on August 08, 2022, 03:49:54 AM
Paperwork has been sent to the compliance team to review. If they get back by 2pm this afternoon, we can transfer the funds on the original schedule. But I'm not hopeful.

Absolutive and I are researching the processes for drafting formal complaints against the law firm.

Compliance team wants more documents which they could easily have asked for on Thursday, when we first started wrangling with them. (Or, y'know, back in June, when we first asked what documents we needed to send.) We have sent the more documents, but now the workday is over so we won't know until tomorrow whether we can transfer the funds and pick up keys as scheduled on Wednesday.

I have updated the formal complain document.

FishProf

Quote from: FishProf on August 03, 2022, 08:49:08 AM
Quote from: downer on August 03, 2022, 08:04:36 AM
That's awful, Fishprof. My sympathies.

I'd say that the behavior of the hematologist was the straw that broke the camel's back. Lots of other problems there too!

Definitely.  A perfect storm of incompetence, indifference, and/or inattention.

The Hematologist just approved the surgery - today.  Of course, the approval was for LAST Wednesday, so not so helpful.  Still needs to approve for the 22nd.
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

Langue_doc

Quote from: FishProf on August 08, 2022, 12:54:22 PM
Quote from: FishProf on August 03, 2022, 08:49:08 AM
Quote from: downer on August 03, 2022, 08:04:36 AM
That's awful, Fishprof. My sympathies.

I'd say that the behavior of the hematologist was the straw that broke the camel's back. Lots of other problems there too!

Definitely.  A perfect storm of incompetence, indifference, and/or inattention.

The Hematologist just approved the surgery - today.  Of course, the approval was for LAST Wednesday, so not so helpful.  Still needs to approve for the 22nd.

Don't you wish you had something handy to use on their heads?

FishProf

It's good MFP is handling this and not me...
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.