News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Dog to English Translator

Started by archaeo42, May 21, 2019, 05:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

Aww... glad you are giving two puppies a good home and that they're enjoying it...you're all lucky.

I remember the difficulties and final loss of chempup, too. I'm sure he was grateful that you were his People.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

aside

Good for you for adopting!  Have tigger and pork chop bonded?

chemigal

Well, pork chop drives tigger insane (in a cute puppy way) but they seem really happy together.  I found them in sleeping in a pile last night both in tigger's bed.  It was ridiculously cute!

mamselle

Sweet, sleepy puppies-in-a-basket.

True love.

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

archaeo42

Whelp in-law GSP killed 2 birds the other day. They were not fully grown either. We think they must have fallen out of their nest. I once again noticed her picking something up off the ground through the kitchen window, but not in time. She is a bird dog and was doing what she's trained to do...
"The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate."

nescafe

I lost my dog last year but have been silently following the antics of all the forapups since that time. My spouse and i want to get our living situation squared away but will adopt another dog once we do. :)

aside

Sorry about your dog; it is really rough to lose them!  After our long-lived family dog died, it was two years before sidedog adopted us.

Speaking of which, she has been scratching constantly lately.  We've tried many of the usual remedies--hypoallergenic shampoo, oatmeal bath, vet-recommended antihistamine--and have been careful not to bathe her too often.  It's not a pest or parasite problem, according to the vet.  If forumites have other suggestions for getting her some relief, we'd be grateful!

bibliothecula

I got my GoblinTankTerrier an anti-allergy injection called Cytopoint at the vet a few weeks ago. She has totally stopped nibbling on her feet and scratching elsewhere.

scamp

Nescafe, I am sorry to hear about your pup.

I made some major life changes in the last year, and now I finally have a dog, which really is the best thing ever. I love him so much. He is a lab mix we got from a rescue as a pup - looks like lab and pittie most likely, which would not be surprising for a southern mutt. I will call him Tramp, but there is someone on the fora with his name, which weirds me out every time they post. Anyway, my life is complete, with the exception of pot holders, because he chewed those up.

mamselle

aside

Quote from: bibliothecula on August 06, 2019, 11:19:50 AM
I got my GoblinTankTerrier an anti-allergy injection called Cytopoint at the vet a few weeks ago. She has totally stopped nibbling on her feet and scratching elsewhere.

Thanks for the suggestion!  I'll check with our vet.

Quote from: scamp on August 06, 2019, 11:29:18 AM
I made some major life changes in the last year, and now I finally have a dog, which really is the best thing ever. I love him so much. He is a lab mix we got from a rescue as a pup - looks like lab and pittie most likely, which would not be surprising for a southern mutt. I will call him Tramp, but there is someone on the fora with his name, which weirds me out every time they post. Anyway, my life is complete, with the exception of pot holders, because he chewed those up.

And welcome to Scamp and Tramp!

Thursday's_Child

If you vacuum the living room while the dog is outside, you pick up the toys once and don't have to go back over any areas of carpet.

If you vacuum while the dog is inside, you pick up toys at least three times and go back over each area at least once (to get the newly shed clumps of dark fur that are so easy to see on the now-pale carpet).  This is, of course, in addition to the excitement of having the dog trying to play with the vacuum while you're using it.

Did I mention that it's August and the dog is apparently trying out for the World Shedding Championships?

archaeo42

That sounds all too familiar Thursday's_Child.

Archaeodog is getting his teeth cleaned today. They'll also pull any teeth that may need to go. Hopefully the vet staff can deal with his separation anxiety before he has to go under.
"The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate."

scamp

Quote from: Thursday's_Child on August 17, 2019, 07:39:56 AM

Did I mention that it's August and the dog is apparently trying out for the World Shedding Championships?

I think mine could give yours a good run!

Is shedding at this time of year common? I thought it was more of a spring thing. Mine is shedding tons, particularly on his undercarriage, I wasn't sure if I should be concerned...

Quote from: archaeo42 on August 19, 2019, 05:41:06 AM
Archaeodog is getting his teeth cleaned today. They'll also pull any teeth that may need to go. Hopefully the vet staff can deal with his separation anxiety before he has to go under.

Aw, poor pup. I hope the cleaning went okay!

aside

Quote from: scamp on August 19, 2019, 02:00:29 PM
Quote from: Thursday's_Child on August 17, 2019, 07:39:56 AM

I think mine could give yours a good run!

Is shedding at this time of year common? I thought it was more of a spring thing. Mine is shedding tons, particularly on his undercarriage, I wasn't sure if I should be concerned...

Quote from: archaeo42 on August 19, 2019, 05:41:06 AM

Aw, poor pup. I hope the cleaning went okay!

Mine is shedding as well.  It's heaviest in spring, but she sheds all summer.

I hope Archaeodog did not lose any teeth!