News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Commencement

Started by jonathantheseagul, June 12, 2020, 07:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonathantheseagul

Hello everyone.
Tomorrow, my college holds an informal graduation ceremony to congratulate the graduates. It is a drive through. Faculty members are invited to station in the parking lot in front of their building. I could go wave to them and cheer for them since the graduates deserve it this year more than ever. I have no regalia though. Whenever there is a commencement, my college bookstore lent it to me for free so I didn't bother buying. How can I participate this event without a regalia? Did anyone experience this before this year yet?

Thanks,
Seagul

Puget

Not quite sure what your concern is-- this is not a normal graduation, so just go and wave and cheer-- this is not a year for getting worked up about regalia, and most places regalia outdoors would be way too hot this time of year anyway.
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

mamselle

Do you have your stole?

If your college uses a black (or even some other-colored) robe, there are sometimes church choirs willing to loan them. (Maybe you could even make a donation if you wished afterwards).

There was a thread on this, too, on the old forum....have to look it up later....teaching in 5 min.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

clean

Just wear a suit.  If a suit is too hot, then nice pants, good shoes, a shirt and a tie.

IF anyone gives you flack for being under-dressed, leave!

That is what I would do, anyway!

"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader